Everton v Chelsea (PL) Sat 7th Dec 12:30 GMT

7 minutes ago, loz said:

What has that to do with this point? The claim that Jorginho wasn't in Lampard's plans is clearing daft when you see that Lampard was starting him in every game. Each time he was hooked becayse he was playing poorly, as were others. Eventually Frank dropped him. Fair enough if you play poorly in consecutive games and there are other options to try.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Jorginho wasn't in Frank's plans but be was started in all those games because he won the card game on the bus.

So you think our form has improved since lampard fulfilled his plan to drop Jorginho? Ffs we’ve been terrible since he did it and if you can’t admit it then that’s on you. I don’t know what plans you speak of but since he stopped starting him after the break we’ve won one game lost three and drawn one. 

Edited by IndianaBlue85

5 minutes ago, coco said:

Kepa should but booting it up the pitch, last 10 mins, two strikers up front, and he passes to Zoumas back, then blames Zouma, what a slapstick keeper.

We don’t punt it up the park as per the managers way of playing, that’s what they are told to do......

Kepa made a pass any competent footballer would read and get to, unfortunately for him and is Zouma had another famous brain fart that he’s well known for. The guys a woeful CB and should never have come back. Too many on here still protecting him because of some games of 3/4 years ago when he was teenager. He’s not very good and can’t read a simple pass

Just now, Scott Harris said:

Since Jorginho's form dipped and he ended up getting dropped

I don't really think it dropped that much.

Lampard have broken up the Jorginho-Kovacic combo that had a winstreak going and since they have been broken up we have been much, much worse.
Kante shouldn't play just because he's "supposed" to be the better player. For this team Jorginho is the better player and should play. Kante was absolutely shambolic today.

So you think our form has improved since lampard fulfilled his plan to drop Jorginho? Ffs we’ve been terrible since he did it and if you can’t admit it then that’s on you. I don’t know what plans you speak of but since he stopped starting him after the break we’ve won one game lost three and drawn one. 
Good god, do you actually read the posts before replying. I haven't said that. All I said was its plain daft to say a player wasn't in the managers plans when the manager was picking him as a starter!

Now I'm off to buy booze... Drinking, however, is not in my plans.

2 minutes ago, loz said:

Good god, do you actually read the posts before replying. I haven't said that. All I said was its plain daft to say a player wasn't in the managers plans when the manager was picking him as a starter!

No you just make no sense in you’re posts probably on the booze now. When the f**k did I say he was t in his plans? 

Edited by IndianaBlue85
Just now, loz said:

He was taking him off after an hour of play. Then stopped picking him whatsoever...His role slowly changed in a matter of 3-5 games. Other players were instructed to have the ball more, thus his effort looks worse but it's only due to his new role in the squad. Missing games since the international break and not completing 90 minutes in a single one isn't saying that Frank has the same tactic, we are playing differently now.

Just now, Jangz said:

Yup in lamps system unfortunately Kante looks a little lost .. not sure what his position or instruction is..

What concerns me is Kante looks like i do when i try to change my golf swing a little bit. Soon as i start thinking about it and tweaking things the whole thing turns to sh!t. Since Kante was rested and got back to full fitness, playing him in a the different role since Sarri got here we seem to have lost that little bulldog guy that got all about the pitch retrieving the ball for us.

Disappointed with a number today.

Felt Abraham should have had a brace in the first half and after never looked like scoring.

Neither Mount nor Pulisic really imposed themselves though the latter was fighting for it. 

Willian was busy and had opportunities though were not good balls to him so struggled to deliver.

CHO very quiet.

Bats didn't really get any service

Kovacic good goal and workrate.

Kante worked hard though was bumped off the ball a couple of times.

The last goal was disappointing as we were threatening to level and was the type of error you could do without, for me Kepa tells all to move out and then passes to Zouma who wasn't expecting it. 

We had chances near the box yet their tenacity meant no time to deliver clean strikes.

I think the new manager bounce had an effect today, Ferguson lifted the ground and Everton bullied us somewhat being very physical.

In terms of recent performance and the window being now open Frank needs to consider buying IMO.

A few takeaways

1 - Everton wanted it more. You can see, you can feel it.

2 - Chelsea players are tired, which lead to #3 below.

3 - Poor roster/game management by Lampard. It is concerning that you bring out the exact same starting xi 4 days later.

5 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

We don’t punt it up the park as per the managers way of playing, that’s what they are told to do......

Kepa made a pass any competent footballer would read and get to, unfortunately for him and is Zouma had another famous brain fart that he’s well known for. The guys a woeful CB and should never have come back. Too many on here still protecting him because of some games of 3/4 years ago when he was teenager. He’s not very good and can’t read a simple pass

I don't rate Zouma and clearly only the exceptional circumstances (transfer ban, Luiz leaving, Rudiger out long term) is the biggest reason he's been a starter this season, but that was a bad pass from Kepa. You can't be making those kind of mistakes around your own goal and he's had a share of those recently.