FM 2005 -2007

sergeyMS

Some time ago I`ve seen topic about Footaball Manager 07.

My situation is the following:

I play FM 2005. (patch 5.0.5)

First game was for Chelsea, but to my 3rd season my reserve team was able to chase the title.

So I decided it`s too boring and started a new game for Fiorentina. It was and is so amazing that I miss FM 2006.

Now FM 2007 is avialible. Tell me is it worth to lose my amazing Fiorentina game and start a new one in FM 2007?

Does the game engine becomes really better?

2006 was poor. 2007 is better than 2005 (which was also good).

2008 will be out in a couple months though.

2005 is good, not was!!! icon_razz.gif

What`s better?

Players` abilities are added?

Engine?

More options (contract, for example)?

Larger base of players?

No bugs?

Not `hanging` sometimes?

I been playing it for a week now, overall it's a lot better than 2005 (even without patching). AI opponent is a lot smarter, transfer market is more active, match play looks a lot more realstic. On the downside( to me), some of the physical attributes (e.g. strength, jumping) aren't reflected in match play, same can be said about mental attributes (positioning, flair), no option to play striker behind ( the AM stays way too far behing the striker) individual instruction has not improved since 2005. I would like to see options such as target man playing a central role in the box, wingers have the options to cut inside or stay by the sideline.

Overall, it's a good game, I enjoyed it.

Got Sunderland into the Champions League in 4 seasons. Didn't play with Chelsea because it really is like cheating playing with the squad and the amount of transfer budget we have in the game.

By the way, Ballack is arguably the best player in the game and is unstoppable, that should keep G4 happy. icon_rolleyes.gif

I been playing it for a week now, overall it's a lot better than 2005 (even without patching). AI opponent is a lot smarter, transfer market is more active, match play looks a lot more realstic. On the downside( to me), some of the physical attributes (e.g. strength, jumping) aren't reflected in match play, same can be said about mental attributes (positioning, flair), no option to play striker behind ( the AM stays way too far behing the striker) individual instruction has not improved since 2005. I would like to see options such as target man playing a central role in the box, wingers have the options to cut inside or stay by the sideline.

Overall, it's a good game, I enjoyed it.

to get a player behind a striker just make sure his mentality (that slider in player instructions) is about 2 notches behind the striker... that works for me.

some wingers have "cut inside" as a preferred move- but you could turn their crossing to mixed as well...

I play with a target man (and the most important thing is his jumping, strength and heading- they all definately play a big part.)

Archived