Kalou or Pizarro

Gee Bee

Does anyone else think that Jose ought to start wih Claudio Pizarro ahead of Salomon Kaluo? Kalou seems to lack the physical presence of Pizarro, tends to overdribble at times, has a weak shot far too often and is not showing the form to turn a game at present as opposed to Pizarro.

I, for one, thought that Jose would have started with Drogba and Pizarro up front yesterday. That was my only surprise except for the Essien at right back position.

Pizarro will fit in up front or in a withdrawn position as he did at Reading. Each time he has come on he looks like making something happen. Kalou needs to develop more of a physical level to his game if he is going to be a successful dribbler or he will be shaken off the ball as is happening too much at present.

Pizarro is adjusting quickly to the EPL as he is getting the ball quickly off his feet as is necessary.

I thought he added something new and much needed in both the games he came on as a sub. Maybe didn't get too many chances, but his movement and ability were there to see in my opinion. I like Kalou, thought he had a good game against the Brummies, but I'd like to see Pizarro get a chance against Pompey.

Horses for courses.

One is more agile and mobile, one is better playing with his back to goal. It's always nice to have another option on the bench, so one will always sit it out and the other becomes the option from the bench. I think JM's plan was to hit them with pace, didn't really work out, but Pizzaro gave 'em something to worry about when he came on. It's a nice problem to have.

How far down the pecking order is the 30m man?

For now...Kalou. He's actually been playing where he should be...linking the midfield and the attack, playing 10 m behind Drogba.

Pizarro is a more accomplished striker, and also has more experience, but with Pizarro and Drogba playing...we lack that link, and tend to start bombing again, as seen during the second half yesterday.

When we need to play more direct...Pizarro can play.

what nando said.

and anyway, pizarro may not be fully fit yet.

he gives more physicality, and will get in the box more, score more goals, but kalou is a better link player and that is more important. against liverpool their midfield was probably too congested for kalou (and malouda for that matter), but in general, pizarro may be competing more with drogba.

when sheva comes back, I think we may see him take the shirt from kalou. that's the feeling I have.

When we play with two strikers, and one of them is Drogba, physical presence is not an issue.

I would rather see the other one play as a support striker - and that is Kalou at the moment, rather than Pizarro.

Pizarro: Stronger and with more edge to his play.

Kalou: Faster and good with the ball.

I think we should go by who suits Drogba the most.

I myself have no idea. Kalou could however be good to have late in the game. His speed can cause some trouble for the opponents.

kalou is s*** end of, crap shot, over dribbles and to weak. He'll never get the goals needed to be a great centre forward oh and he doesnt seem to have a great footballing mind (the over dribbling - running with is head down - useless technique when shooting as examples)

kalou is s*** end of, crap shot, over dribbles and to weak. He'll never get the goals needed to be a great centre forward oh and he doesnt seem to have a great footballing mind (the over dribbling - running with is head down - useless technique when shooting as examples)

yeah, but apart from that....

yeah, but apart from that....

He could make sure the water for the players is ready at half time? 139.gif

Never get the goals needed? The boy is only 22 years old and he's practically a starter for Chelsea! He has loads of potential, and its apparent to me at least that he shows bits and pieces of future brilliance.

I think he'll be an amazing left winger or center forward for us in the future.

I think he'll be an amazing left winger or center forward for us in the future.

Great a left winger with a right fooT! How predictable when he needs to go on his right to cross, that'll take all of 30secs for a defender to work out.

Archived