Chelsea-Blackburn HT

Pauly

Are half time threads still allowed?

Impressive performance from 20:00-45:00, Beletti definitely MOTM for me so far along with Joe. Was worried initially that Beletti would be signed as an attacking full back then held back a little but he's doing exactly what he is going to have to, moving into the mdifield, if we're going to have any chance at all of keeping possesion with this side..

And if there's any chance for Sheva at Chelsea it's in Joe doing what he's doing today and breaking into the central 25 yards outside the goal area and causing trouble- i just don't agree with what Kalou is doing- you need two up front to cause trouble and move and joe to get into the passing area- not Kalou to drop deep and sheva to be double teamed or quadruple teamed.

Essien doing brilliantly in the midfield getting to the edge of the box and only a world class Friedel save stopped us taking a deserved lead.

Their forwards aren't able to deal with the game they have to play and macarthy especially looks terrible.

ratings:

cech 6

beletti 8

terry 7

alex 7

cole 7

essien 7.5

sidwell 6

swp 7

cole 8

kalou 5.5

sheva 6

bring in pizarro and keep joe on for the love of god...

and find a corner taker..

I think I have to agree with your ratings.

And I agree that we need to find a corner taker. Cole can take them and so can Sweepy but not today. The corners (and freekicks) has been quite bad so far.

One thing I think Chelsea should do is try different kinds of corners. As it is now we basicaly do the same thing everytime and it gets a bit too predictable and boring in the end. Why not try and get the ball to outside the area and have someone like Essien shoot from there. Anything to make the corners less predictable for the opponents.

If we only showed the same sort of urgency for the rest of the match, not just the last 10 minutes - we might have won.

As it is, we never do. Its a f**king joke, and its either arrogance or terrible tactics.

Bring back a half fit (or 25%, hell 10%!!) Lampard and Drogba.

Blackburn, though they couldn't pass at all, actually had some great discipline defending especially in central midfield..

They only really had one slip when shevchenko got through and we just weren't creative enough in the second half- malouda at right midfield for 20 minutes was shocking and nearly killed us- i hope he doesn't do that again! at least he had the wit to fix it..

ratings for me:

Cech: 7

Beletti: 8- motm- played his role perfectly

Terry- 7

Alex- 7

Cole- 6.5

Sidwell- 5.5

Essien- 7.5

Joe Cole- 8 motm also- must keep his place, i was hoping to see him pushed further forward and a defender come off when it was realised that their strikers were absolutely non existent...

Shevachenko- 6.5

Kalou- 6

SWP- 7

Malouda- 0

Obi Mikel- 6

Ben Haim- /

all in all, for a team that had absolutely nothing going forward, blackburn defended with great structural discipline for the entire match, they made one mistake with sheva getting through, and we created one chance that was incorrectly ruled offside. sums up the match for me..

PS. JM: 7- i liked the starting 11 but he made some odd choices with SWP coming out and i would have taken out Ashley Cole earlier, but his options were limited on the bench with attackers and mikel coming in for sidwell was a good move..

referee- 4!

Blackburn, though they couldn't pass at all, actually had some great discipline defending especially in central midfield..

They only really had one slip when shevchenko got through and we just weren't creative enough in the second half- malouda at right midfield for 20 minutes was shocking and nearly killed us- i hope he doesn't do that again! at least he had the wit to fix it..

ratings for me:

Terry- 7

Alex- 7

Cole- 6.5

Sidwell- 5.5

Essien- 7.5

Joe Cole- 8 motm also- must keep his place, i was hoping to see him pushed further forward and a defender come off when it was realised that their strikers were absolutely non existent...

Shevachenko- 6.5

Kalou- 6

SWP- 7

Malouda- 0

Obi Mikel- 6

Ben Haim- /

all in all, for a team that had absolutely nothing going forward, blackburn defended with great structural discipline for the entire match, they made one mistake with sheva getting through, and we created one chance that was incorrectly ruled offside. sums up the match for me..

PS. JM: 7- i liked the starting 11 but he made some odd choices with SWP coming out and i would have taken out Ashley Cole earlier, but his options were limited on the bench with attackers and mikel coming in for sidwell was a good move..

referee- 4!

How do you give malouda a 0? In added time we had more scoring chances then in the whole game and malouda was the one creating those. The header from Sheva on maloudas cross should have been a goal, he had the whole left side of the goal open and he headed it right on the goalie.

:shooter: 1064.gif Howard Webb fighting0019.gifwife.gifw**k2.gifredcard.gifmad0040.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifBoXIng.gifColorz_Blue_PDT_13.gifPDT_box.gificon_sex2.gif

Agreed, he had an absolute mare.

A legitimate goal ruled out for offside and basically gave Blackburn everything all afternoon. Savage commited numerous bad tackles but wasn't booked and then Webb goes and books 2 of our players within a minute.

We played well in the first half I thought, but we seemed to lack urgency for most of the game and we didnt move the ball around quickly enough. Plus some of our players seemed to be playing stuck in the midfield and wouldn't make any movement.

ratings for me:

Terry- 7

Alex- 7

Cole- 6.5

Sidwell- 5.5

Essien- 7.5

Shevachenko- 6.5

Kalou- 6

SWP- 7

Malouda- 0

Obi Mikel- 6

Ben Haim- /

referee- 4!

How do you give malouda a 0? In added time we had more scoring chances then in the whole game and malouda was the one creating those. The header from Sheva on maloudas cross should have been a goal, he had the whole left side of the goal open and he headed it right on the goalie.

one good cross and playing for 3 minutes = 0. before that he couldn't do anything on the right, didn't cut in and couldn't use his other foot- not entirely his fault but he contributed nothing and killed our momentum with the 442 in the early stages of the second half. hope we don't see him on the right again!!

Yeah thats what i was gonna say, he was terrible on the right, thats JM fault cause he put him there.

If hes gonna play at all it should be only on the left.

part of the responsibility might lie in his not developing a right foot over the last 20 years...........

then again he didn't sign himself so it's once again not his fault

Archived