England U 21's

Barn

Did anyone see the game last night? I thought it was a good performance thought the scoreline flattered us a bit, there's some good Irish lads out there at the moment.

Noble's looking more and more like a young Frank Lampard everytime I see him, not go the range of passing yet but that's tends to develope a bit later with most lads.

Anyway what I really wanted to talk about was the start of the second half, as the teams were about to kick off the tannoy was still playing the half time tunes and what a great tune they kicked off to. The Frank and Walters were singing but I can't remember the name of the song. Does anyone know?

More than anyone the little ginger lad up front, couldn't hear much of the commentary so I didn't get his name (might have been Rooney though?). To be fair the two strikers linked well and looked pretty good, if the other one was able to finish the score would have been much closer. And that's against Taylor who's a real top defender at that level. Right through the team though they played some nice football, quick passing and good movement. They had a very young team out, England only had one teenager in their squad whereas the Irish only had one over 19 (I think, certainly in their starting line up), so baring that in mind as well they done well.

Thanks Barn. Anthony Stokes played. He was a great hope after his form for Falkirk but has failed to set the world alight since moving to Sunderland. There is also a problem with his attitude which makes Stephen Ireland look like Frankie Lampard. Adam Rooney has got good write ups. Which reminds me that the more illustrious Rooney could have declared for Ireland but didn't. Pity.

Archived