Liverpool Deny Bridge Move

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Liverpool have denied any interest in signing Chelsea full-back Wayne Bridge.

Bridge has started Chelsea's last two games, but is still considered second choice behind Ashley Cole at Stamford Bridge and was linked on Wednesday with a switch to Anfield.

The Daily Mirror claimed that a £60million Chelsea spending spree will leave Bridge surplus to requirements.

And the Express reckoned Rafael Benitez would move for Bridge after failing with a second bid to sign Gabriel Heinze.

The Liverpool boss was keen to sign the Argentine from Manchester United in the summer, but he instead joined Real Madrid.

As if Bridgey would join that bunch of no hopers, now, when they look as unstable and irrelevant as ever. Like many Chelsea fans, i prefer him to Cole, and I think with Grant in charge (a manger who didnt go through a public fiasco to get Ashley) Bridgey will be first choice

knock on wood regarding injuries, of course

I was lamenting this earlier when shovelling snow off the pavement.... I doubt Bridge would have gone to Liverpool anyway. had it been a club down south, I would hvae felt it might have been a possibility. he's a southern lad, and seems pretty happy down there, so why go up to merseyside.

What I think has happened, is Liverpool approached, Wayne laughed in their face, and they said "oh, we didn't really want him," to try and save face

Cole is a lot better than Bridge in defence as far as I'm concerned, but in attack Bridge has the edge; why Grant (or Jose) hasn't tried playing them both on the left is beyond me. Cole at left back, and Bridge out on the left wing, I'd much rather see this than Joe Cole tbh - his left foot is terrible and he can't really do anything but keep cutting inside.

Mourinho played Bridge on the left wing a few times last season when he was desperately short of players. I never actually saw it (it was mostly for carling cup games and the like), but from what I understand, it wasn't pretty...................