Catching Up On The European Leagues And Guess What...

loz

Just spending a little time catching up on what has been happening across the various European leagues and I couldn't help but be amused by the fact that whilst Spurs are propping up the Premiership the Bundesliga is headed up by Hamburg. 'So what?' you may ask.

Manager of Hamburg

200px-Jol_Sociedad_cropped.jpg

Surely I am not the only one who finds this amusing!

Well, aside from the way Spurs saw fit to treat him toward the end (which was nothing short of disgraceful) I think it was plain to see from a neutral perspective that Jol was a mere scapegoat, not unlike Jose was for us. The results stopped coming in, and suddenly it was his head on the chopping block.

They might not have won the Carling Cup with Jol in charge into the new year, but im positive they would be doing better than they are now, and might have finished much further up in the table. Ramos came in and decided to clean house on an unspectacular, but effective squad. Alot of money wasted, and alot of young, unproven guys.

In contrast, Roman axed Jose but didnt rush to fill his shoes. Instead we took our chances on the rest of the season and went big in the offseason. Right idea, in my mind, for long term success.

I think Levy rolled the dice and lost. IMO Jol was a good manager who was building something at WHL. Now theyre back to the drawing board. And personally I had no dislike for Jol, so to think of him laughing his big arse off while top in Germany is a great thing

Archived