One for Clubhappy

maddoo
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Is it possible to connect a laptop to a PA system to be able to play music and sound rounds at an upcoming quiz.Keep it as simple as possible mate,like you are explaining it all to a 5 year old.Could I just hold the mike to the speaker on the laptop or would it be better to be more advanced.

Yes it is possible . I use a lap top at gigs once a week but im going directly into a mixer which is connected to their sound system.

If you can get your hands on a 2 channel mixer your laughing , im sure there cheap to hire .

Is the system just a basic pub system ? If i knew more i could give you a simple guide.

If you hold the mic up to the laptop speaker the sound quality be sh*te and most people wont hear it.

If your using audio clips, you could burn them onto disc and play them through the house system .

Anyway , let me know more mate.

Yes it is possible . I use a lap top at gigs once a week but im going directly into a mixer which is connected to their sound system.

If you can get your hands on a 2 channel mixer your laughing , im sure there cheap to hire .

Is the system just a basic pub system ? If i knew more i could give you a simple guide.

If you hold the mic up to the laptop speaker the sound quality be sh*te and most people wont hear it.

If your using audio clips, you could burn them onto disc and play them through the house system .

Anyway , let me know more mate.

Thanks for that Clubhappy,a few points

No the pub does not have its own sound system

The DJ who is performing after the quiz,has,as far as I know,all the gear,amps,mixers,speakers etc etc.

I suppose I could burn to a disc but I have everything saved on the LT and it certainly is handier than sheets of hand scrawled quiz questions all over the place.

I cant get in touch with the DJ as he is out of town and I wont see him until the nite,dont want to leave till then in case we f**k the whole thing up.But if I knew what leads or jacks were needed I could plan ahead.

Oh and all the ladies going to the quiz will think the Laptop is sooooo cooool.

Well if the dj has equpment then your fine . Most systems take phono leads and im sure he'll have them , if not their very cheap to buy . Its a simple operation , you plug into his mixer, and just work off one channel. You'll need a sound card though.

Laptops are fine for dj'ing especially if its a bar gig , but a club, give me cd's and vinyl any day ,

If you have any problems just let me know and i'll help you out .

Not in this f**king town it wont,not if the clergy have anything to do with it.

the clergy in your town are in competition with spearmint rhino? i know the church are all for open minded discussion on modernisation but thats ridiculous..... :D

Laptops are fine for dj'ing especially if its a bar gig , but a club, give me cd's and vinyl any day ,

old school eh, i like you....

Edited by dkw

the clergy in your town are in competition with spearmint rhino? i know the church are all for open minded discussion on modernisation but thats ridiculous..... :D

I think you should go take a peek at Geezer's village vicar

Well if the dj has equpment then your fine . Most systems take phono leads and im sure he'll have them , if not their very cheap to buy . Its a simple operation , you plug into his mixer, and just work off one channel. You'll need a sound card though.

If you have any problems just let me know and i'll help you out .

many thanks Clubhappy,but I think you are right,Ill burn them and use the cd instead.Regards Dave.