Pre-Game interview question's about Everton Game

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Hi Guys,

My name is jamie and I help run an Everton forum called ToffeeTalk.com. We run interviews with opposition fans prior to each game. If any of you could take a few minutes to answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

1) Is the Premier League still attainable, and what for you would represent a succesful season at this stage of the year?

2) You struggled for consistancy after a strong start to the campaign. Is Scolari solely to blame?

3) Hiddink has been a clear success in his short time at the club. Which would you prefer, Hiddink to stay but no trophies, or to simply win a trophy and wave goodbye to Hiddink?

4) Who do you feel is the man most apt to fill the managerial role?

5) Jose has been linked by the press to the Manchester United job when SAF finally packs it in, he was also briefly mentioned for the Liverpool job. What would your feelings be if he ever took these jobs?

6) What are your views on Everton's season?

7) What are your predictions for the game, and what are your predictions for the final?

Thanks very much guys.

Good luck for tomorrow (Though i very much doubt you'll need it) and we'll see you at Wembley! Come on You Blue Boys

Hi Jamie and welcome. Makes a change having a dignified Blue scouser on our site as opposed to the cretins from the red side of town!!

1) Realistically we're dependant on others throwing it away. 1st would be fantastic, 2nd would be pretty amazing seeing the turmoil we were in during Scolari's last couple of months

2) The players need to take their full share of the blame. Many appeared to throw their toys out of the pram but Hiddink seems to have got them back on board again

3) A toughie but winning trophies is what it's all about so that's the one for me

4) I'll answer this in two parts a) I'm pretty sure Ancelotti wil be here next season :o I would prefer Hiddink

5) I fully expect Jose to go to Old Trafford eventually thiough it appears he has competition from your man. How would I feel? If he went to Liverpool I'd personally kill him rather than let those gits start winning titles again. Jose at OT would be be easier for me but realistically all I care about is who is running our team, Jose is history now.

6) David Moyes has done a fantastic job at Everton with extremely limited resources. I was always impressed with him when he was at Preston and it's only a matter of time before he wins something, whether it's with you guys remains to be seen

7) Tomorrow will be no more than one goal in it and even a draw wouldn't surprise me given the three manic games we had last week. The final will depend very much on whether we've made the CL final. If we reach that you will have a better chance, if we don't make it I expect ius to take it out on you guys

Cheers

1) Is the Premier League still attainable, and what for you would represent a succesful season at this stage of the year?

NO - 2nd

2) You struggled for consistancy after a strong start to the campaign. Is Scolari solely to blame?

We only started so well because we had a favourable fixture list for the first 2 months, and yes I blame LFS.

3) Hiddink has been a clear success in his short time at the club. Which would you prefer, Hiddink to stay but no trophies, or to simply win a trophy and wave goodbye to Hiddink?

Easy question - Hiddink to stay but no trophies.

Heart says Guus, head says Ancelotti.

5) Jose has been linked by the press to the Manchester United job when SAF finally packs it in, he was also briefly mentioned for the Liverpool job. What would your feelings be if he ever took these jobs?

Why would he take a step backwards is what I think.

Pleased to see the Toffees doing so well this season, I think you need a big win or 2 over some of the big guns, you certainly have a chance of winning silverware this season, and if it wasnt us you were playing, I'd be cheering you on.

7) What are your predictions for the game, and what are your predictions for the final?

Lets hope the game is as good as the game against your good friends at Anfield last week. If we perform you'll lose, if we dont, you could grab it.

All the best either way. :o

1) In theory, we can still win the league, but it's very unlikely.

2) Players obviously have to shoulder part of the blame, but you can tell by how different the same set of players perform under different managers that Big Phil was the main reason behind our poor form.

3) I'd prefer Hiddink to stay on, even if it means we win nothing this season. When he replaced Scolari we were in real danger of missing out on the CL place and now we're still in contention for three trophies.Guus is an exceptional manager and the team is obviously behind him.

4) If not Hiddink, then probably Ancelotti or Rijkaard.

5) Hope it won't happen, can't imagine Jose in charge of MU., let alone Liverpool.

6) I think Everton have done quite well considering the modest resources at their disposal. Have a lot of respect for Moyes, top professional and a decent man.

7) Hope to win both but it'll be tough. Everton are well organized team, brimming with confidence after beating mancs in the semis and are in a top form in the league.

Edited by abramovich

first, to not finish lower than where we are now (3rd), but a trophy would be fantastic.

not solely to blame, one or two players were unprofessional I think, and he was a little unlucky with injuries... but he was certainly the biggest factor in his own demise. nice guy though, wish him well.

I could never ever turn down trophies, certainly not the fa cup never mind the small chance of the champions league. so I'd wave goodbye to guus... but I'd hate that choice, because he's a fantastic manager and if he stayed we'd have a great chance to win the league next season.

most apt? guus. ancelotti is good but there is no telling what would happen if he came here.

would hate it if he went to either club. would be very difficult to see.

strong season- were unlucky to start with so many injuries, that is the biggest reason why you were unable to push arsenal for fourth. you're building well though- figured how to cope without carsley, and the younger players are closer to being truly viable options. great cup run.

the game tomorrow? think we owe you for the 1-1 last season. we should have been out of sight. the final? as long as we win I don't care. these games are not for neutrals, people forget that.

All the best either way. :o

good luck to you, hope you can mount a challenge on the CL places.

Unfortunately, I doubt it. 4 points is too much to make up with only 8 or so games to go.

Not solely, but a big chunk. He didn't inspire the players to play for him at all, besides possibly the 2-1 v Stoke. But you could argue that was all Lampard's doing...

That's actually a very interesting question. I'd love Hiddink to stay, but I'd like us to get at least one trophy by the end of this season. I can't decide, sorry mate.

Jose Mourinho! Jose Mourinho! Jose Mourniho! Jose Mourinho!

But I wouldn't be dissapointed with your man Moyes, sorry :o

He'd lose some respect from me, but he'd still remain as the best Chelsea manager ever.

I think they've done better than was expected, and considering your incredible trouble with no strikers, it's a pretty awesome season on your part. Well done!

Ohhh. It's at the Bridge so I'm thinking a 2-0 Chelsea. But Everton have given us a few problems in the past.

As for the final - I'd rather not decide. I always jinx important games.