Neven Subotic

Hutch
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Despite denials from Borussia Dortmand, who insist that the player isn't for sale at any price, this is another story that doesn't want to go away. So it's time for a new thread, I think. After all, you never know, there's just a possibility that Bild might actually be right this time.

Chelsea in talks for €21 Million Bundesliga star

German newspaper Bild are reporting that Chelsea are in talks to bring Borussia Dortmund defender Neven Subotic to Stamford Bridge in a €21 Million deal. Carlo Ancelotti’s men are currently going through a significant dip in form that is threatening to undermine their whole season, which has now prompted the Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to finally dip in to his deep pockets once again.

Subotic currently plays for German Bundesliga outfit Borussia Dortmund who appear ready to sell the 22 year old now that Chelsea are prepared to meet their asking price. It is doubtful that Subotic will be Chelsea’s only signing this winter as the West London club attempt to stem the stream of poor results that has seen them drop out of the Premiership top four.

LINK

I`m claiming this one, I mentioned it in the other thread so you better have my name on that opening post somewhere or my lawyers will be onto you faster than you can say "where theres blame theres a claim" :angry:

Does anyone have much info on him, I confess to having no idea of who is other than he`s been linked with clubs for the past 12 months or so.

Tall at 6'4" so is expectedly good in the air in both boxes. has a fairly lean build and is also quick on the ground and a good man marker. I think his speed will definately help and a patnership with him and bruma in a few years is a match made in heaven on paper. Dortmund are 10 points clear, and have the best defence conceding only 10 goals. Bearing in mind he is the senior centre half, as his partner mat hummels is only 21, you can see the quality of the player. he hasn't missed a league game for 3 seasons so he has a good discipline and injury record

First of all, €21 on a central defender when we have 4 good ones at the club? Second of all, from what I've seen of him, he's a younger version of Alex, tower of a man but not very quick. Although a long term partnership of him and Bruma would look good, Alex and Terry are far from done and forgetting the high price tag for a moment, someone like David Luiz would compliment them so much better

Id say he's faster than alex and terrry and we have 2 good centre backs at the club, plus bruma who is very inexperienced,and ivanovic who is far better at right back than he is in the centre. ivanovic is either 3rd choice centre back or 1st choice right back. If he is gonna be used as a centre back I think we need a new right back. but why would you not play him there after he was voted best right back in the league last year?

I haven't even heard of this site before but here is one anyway. Now that would be a disaster.

ENGLAND/ MANCHESTER CITY, Keen on Ivanovic

In the next days Manchester City executives should meet the agents of Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic to try to find an agreement for the transfer of the Serbia international to The Citizens next summer

Edited by footballoholic

didn't you just dream we sold sturridge to Sunderland?

What has a dream go to do with this one?

It's on a Swedish football site where they have a silly season blogg and apparently City are interested in Ivanovic and we are replacing him with Subotic.

http://sillybloggen.fotbollskanalen.se/2011/01/08/dortmund-serb-ersatter-ivanovic-i-chelsea/

Try a google translator but will turn out sh*t, all bullsh*t obviously though as I dont think Ivan would even want to go to city.

I haven't even heard of this site before but here is one anyway. Now that would be a disaster.

I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like the most reliable of sites. Let's just hope there's nothing in it.

I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like the most reliable of sites. Let's just hope there's nothing in it.

I wont believe it until its on GOAL.com.....

Just a question buzzing around in my head, does a singing like subotec from the bundesliga mean a player will settle quicker than say, a player from la liga?.

I would have thought so, I have always thought the German league was the one most like ours with regards to the physicality and pace of the game.

So what do you think of klose?

Better for his national team than his club and not what we currently need. Why did you say people think the German league is better?

I like klose but I don't think at 32 he's a long term player and his position is better suited to a 4 4 2, so I don't think he'd fit the bill. can't get my head this ivanovic thing surely we have to persuade him to sign a new contract and I'm sure there are stacks of statistic we could show him that would convince him he is a right back!