James McCarthy anyone?

High Street Ken
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

He was playing pretty well before he got injured, one of a few bright sparks in that Wigan side. He's versatile, is good off the ball and works hard. Plus he's only 20. We could do a lot worse, and we haven't had a token Scotsman in the squad for quite a while.

Funnily enough, Chelsea signed James McCarthy a few years into my latest PES 6 Master League file (with updated teams). However, the realism wore off a bit when they signed George Best, John Barnes and gave Mikel the number 10 shirt.

I'm an Accies fan, where James McCarthy started his career. He's the best young talent to come out of Scotland in years, sadly he chose to represent ROI though, he's tireless and has flair to his game. We all knew from the age of 15 he'd go on to play at the best teams in the world and as a supporter of a small side it gives you a sense of pride to think that a player you developed could be playing in the Champions League soon! Several good young players have came from Accies over the past few seasons and Wigans central midfield against Aston Villa midweek constisted of two former Accies in James McCarthy and James McArthur. David Carney, now with Blackpool, made his professional debut at Accies and my personal favourite player to grace an Accies jersey is Brian Easton who signed for Burnley when they were in the EPL and is now their first choice left back in the Championship. McCarthy would be an excellent signing for Chelsea.

I'm an Accies fan, where James McCarthy started his career. He's the best young talent to come out of Scotland in years, sadly he chose to represent ROI though, he's tireless and has flair to his game. We all knew from the age of 15 he'd go on to play at the best teams in the world and as a supporter of a small side it gives you a sense of pride to think that a player you developed could be playing in the Champions League soon! Several good young players have came from Accies over the past few seasons and Wigans central midfield against Aston Villa midweek constisted of two former Accies in James McCarthy and James McArthur. David Carney, now with Blackpool, made his professional debut at Accies and my personal favourite player to grace an Accies jersey is Brian Easton who signed for Burnley when they were in the EPL and is now their first choice left back in the Championship. McCarthy would be an excellent signing for Chelsea.

Thanks for the interesting info. Probably just paper talk but he sounds like a winner.

Thanks for the interesting info. Probably just paper talk but he sounds like a winner.

He was excellent for Accies up here .. pity he deceided to turn out for the paddies as i feel he wouldve been a cert for Scotland, he's getting games and big match experience at Wigan and any games that ive seen him in he has done well ... could be a good move but maybe £6m is a bit much though.