UEFA see sense

mad_mac

Watching the Arsenal game, and as Chamak was coming on he was wearing one of those "Snoodie" things. The commentator said that as of April, UEFA have banned them from being worn in games.

Good news

I don't like snoods but I'm trying to figure out what UEFA has against them. Are they dangerous or considered an unfair advantage? To me they just seem like a fashion accessory that makes the player in question look like a bit of a wuss.

Did notice our own Essien was wearing some suspect neckwear during the Copenhagen match, wasn't too sure wether it was a high necked t-shirt or not, but, was troubled by the sight none the less.

Will there be a public burning after the ban?

I've got no problem with snoods, in fact I've been wearing one during this winter at PowerLeague.

I think the banning of them based on the claim that they are potentially dangerous is nonsense, players have long been wearing them on the continent and as far as I know without any incident and indeed this season in the Premier League I can't recall anybody coming a cropper through wearing one.

Also what's to stop players wearing polo necks under their shirts in future, the principle is surely more or less the same.

I suppose they could be dangerous if one of the opposition pulled tight and strangled you! Ooh potentially lethal snoods! :laugh2:

That is the general idea actually.

But it made me wonder. Is there a rule that states that someone can't "accidentaly" strangle another player with a snood?

Something to think about next time we face Tevez.

Did notice our own Essien was wearing some suspect neckwear during the Copenhagen match, wasn't too sure wether it was a high necked t-shirt or not, but, was troubled by the sight none the less.

Will there be a public burning after the ban?

I thought Essien wearing a snood in Denmark was pretty expected, considering it was around -10 celsius!

I thought Essien wearing a snood in Denmark was pretty expected, considering it was around -10 celsius!

Ultimately, I guess it comes down to personal choice and I wouldn't condemn someone for looking a bit silly, but, to be fair I spent a month working in Norway a couple of years back, the temperature was around -15 most mornings and I went out for a daily run without one and got on ok with just the pink ear muffs.

Edited by RegRabid