Rank our transfer signings (post Mourinho)

Hey guys,

I'm wondering about your opinion of our signings post Mourinho. Do you think we've done well?

Ramires Santos do Nascimento (undisclosed - 17million?, Benfica)

Ross Turnbull (free, Middlesbrough)

Daniel Sturridge (undisclosed - 6million?, Manchester City)

Yuri Valentinovich Zhirkov (£18m, CSKA Moscow)

Jose Bosingwa da Silva (£16.2m, Porto)

Deco (£7m, Barcelona)

Franco Matias Di Santo (£3.4m, Audax Italiano)

Branislav Ivanović (£9m, Lokomotiv Moscow)

Nicolas Anelka (£15m, Bolton)

Fernando Torres (£50m, Liverpool)

David Luis (£25m, Benfica)

(taken from: http://www.footbo.com/Teams/Chelsea_17/Transfers)

What would you rank all these signings out of 10?

Edited by ethicalstrategy
added Torres and Luis as requested

Ivan and Nic ......9

Ramires so far 7.5 poss of being an exceptional signing in the coming years

Sturridge ..........6 hopeful of him becoming an 8

Yuri..................6 would be higher if he kept fit

Bos .................6 sadly on the decline now

Ross.................4 you get what you pay for

Deco ...............3

Franco..............2

Hey guys,

I'm wondering about your opinion of our signings post Mourinho. Do you think we've done well?

Ramires Santos do Nascimento (undisclosed - 17million?, Benfica)

Ross Turnbull (free, Middlesbrough)

Daniel Sturridge (undisclosed - 6million?, Manchester City)

Yuri Valentinovich Zhirkov (£18m, CSKA Moscow)

Jose Bosingwa da Silva (£16.2m, Porto)

Deco (£7m, Barcelona)

Franco Matias Di Santo (£3.4m, Audax Italiano)

Branislav Ivanović (£9m, Lokomotiv Moscow)

Nicolas Anelka (£15m, Bolton)

(taken from: http://www.footbo.com/Teams/Chelsea_17/Transfers)

What would you rank all these signings out of 10?

Ramires: 7

Bearing in mind he started poor but has improved out of sight. If he continues this improvement, and stays at Chelsea for a long time, could be a 10. A 7 might be generous given he's not even had a full season here. Anything can happen if there's a larger time frame which you can consider. Steep fee, but has the potential to live up to it.

Turnbull: 5

Nothing more than a squad player....he's done exactly what we got him for...warming the bench. No fee a positive.

Sturridge: 5

Has shown glimpses, but needs gametime. Would have scored him lower had he been older...but he played his role as a young bench player. Needs gametime soon, or he will be considered a failure and be sold (innevitably). Not a lot paid means we may still get a healthy proifit if we sold him.

Zhirkov: 3

A player I really rate, but the fact is, he's had several seasons here and hasn't yet earnt a regular start. Consistent injuries have hampered his quest, but that's just another reason it hasn't been succesful. I haven't given up on him yet, and believe he provides more than Malouda (in his current form). Too high of a cost for someone who spends most him time at the doctors.

Bosingwa: 6

He's had some really good moments, but was hampered by a serious injury allowing Ivan to step up and usurp his position. I only see his transfer rating falling over coming years, not improving. Always thought his transfer fee might have been a little much.

Deco: 3.5

Promisied so much, delivered so sparingly. Not a huge outlay, but a lot for an older player looking washed up at Barca. Excited early on, but wilted majorly. Can't be considered a success when he couldn't use his talent and experience to deliver in a majority of games.

Di Santo: 2

Never excited me in any competitive game I saw him in. Rightly sold after failing to impress in his loan spells. Took a hit when we sold him financially, but only a mil or two....A youth signing that didn't work out. These signings are still worth pursuing, bearing in mind the potential beneifts if they come off.

Ivanovic: 10

Can't get a much better signing...Had to bide his time after signing (for a good fee)...but made RB his own, and is equally adept at CB. An integral part of the team still. The goals against Liverpool were worth the transfer fee alone.

Anelka: 9

Sometimes up and down, but the fact of the matter is, he didn't cost too much for a proven striker, and has been pivotal to the team over the year, especially in times Drogba hasn't been available for whatever reasons. He's definately been money well spent...don't know if I want him finishing his career here if it stunts the development of the likes of Sturridge.

I should add, Luiz can potentially be a 10, and Torres likely to only get up to an 8 (unless he discovers his very best again), due to his extravegant transfer fee.

Ramires Santos do Nascimento (undisclosed - 17million?, Benfica) - 8/10, though still too early to tell for sure

Ross Turnbull (free, Middlesbrough) - 0/10, waste of time for both him and us

Daniel Sturridge (undisclosed - 6million?, Manchester City) - 9/10, great one for the future

Yuri Valentinovich Zhirkov (£18m, CSKA Moscow) - 8/10, the price was a bit steep and whether he can justify it or not only time will tell

Jose Bosingwa da Silva (£16.2m, Porto) - 7/10, a lot of money for a defender who's not that great at defending, but he's more of a wing-back anyway

Deco (£7m, Barcelona) - 0/10, complete waste of time, he's an over-rated cheating stunted twat

Franco Matias Di Santo (£3.4m, Audax Italiano) - 3/10, worth a punt on him, I was hoping for great things but he wasn't able to rise to the challenge

Branislav Ivanović (£9m, Lokomotiv Moscow) - 10/10, brilliant signing, love the guy!

Nicolas Anelka (£15m, Bolton) - 8/10, he's done well for us, much to my surprise

Ramires Santos do Nascimento (undisclosed - 17million?, Benfica) - 7/10, will get better when he gets more in the final 3rd - maybe franks long-term replacement

Ross Turnbull (free, Middlesbrough) - 3/10, decentish backup

Daniel Sturridge (undisclosed - 6million?, Manchester City) - 6/10, not sure we can find a role for him but he has some class and given a run might replace nico

Yuri Valentinovich Zhirkov (£18m, CSKA Moscow) - 6/10, big disappointment - flatters plenty but has rarely delivered - impact player maybe

Jose Bosingwa da Silva (£16.2m, Porto) - 6/10, same as yuri

Deco (£7m, Barcelona) - 6/10, did enuf to help us get the double in my view and was cheapish

Franco Matias Di Santo (£3.4m, Audax Italiano) - 3/10, ok for a punt but not a goalscorer

Branislav Ivanović (£9m, Lokomotiv Moscow) - 8/10, great buy, rock solid and reliable

Nicolas Anelka (£15m, Bolton) - 8/10, been decent for us and when played in correct system still very good player

Ramires Santos do Nascimento (undisclosed - 17million?, Benfica) - 7/10 and rising weekly.

Ross Turnbull (free, Middlesbrough) - 2/10 even on a free.

Daniel Sturridge (undisclosed - 6million?, Manchester City) - 6/10 with hopes for the future.

Yuri Valentinovich Zhirkov (£18m, CSKA Moscow) - 4/10 loads of talent, little consistency or health. (Joe Cole 2?)

Jose Bosingwa da Silva (£16.2m, Porto) - 7/10 and dropping fast.

Deco (£7m, Barcelona) - 6/10 decent squad player for the price.

Franco Matias Di Santo (£3.4m, Audax Italiano) - 2/10 oh dear.

Branislav Ivanović (£9m, Lokomotiv Moscow) - 10/10 world class defender for 9m?

Nicolas Anelka (£15m, Bolton) - 8/10 vital part of our success last few seasons.

Fernando Torres (£50m, Liverpool) - Too soon to tell but hefty price to justify.

David Luis (£25m, Benfica) - Again too soon but showing bucketloads. Keep it up and he could be another 10/10 in the future.

Overall I'd give us 6/10 with the potential to move to 8/10 if Luiz keeps performing and Nando finds his touch.