Short story V1

The old shedboy

This shorty happened when i was 12......43 years ago........It came to my rememberance when bobby tambling walked around the pitch against pikeys......hem...hemmmm...43 years ago the family hols was at hayling island on the south coast....somewhere close to the campsite i spied a small sports shop......i entered.....the door creeked.......and i looked around this wonderous place....i didnt know what would happen next........an elderly lady served me....on seeing my blue n white chelsea scarf , she said....hold on ill see if my son is available...next thing i know i am face to face with.......yeeeeessssss......bobby tambling......he signed a large picture of himself.....and i went off a very proud young blue

Bluebeard, you'll probably remember this one, me and a mate got up nice and early to walk up to Mitcham, just before the Cricketers, so that we'd be there when Ossie and Hutch's shop opened, wasn't till we got there that we found out that it wasn't a sport shop but a ladies boutique, very disappointing walk home after that.

Bluebeard, you'll probably remember this one, me and a mate got up nice and early to walk up to Mitcham, just before the Cricketers, so that we'd be there when Ossie and Hutch's shop opened, wasn't till we got there that we found out that it wasn't a sport shop but a ladies boutique, very disappointing walk home after that.

I remember that shop well, I used the barbers next door to it! I lived in the cricket green area at the time, so it was only a two minute walk from my house. A sports shop would have been much more cool, and I completely shared your disappointment.

My memory is getting a bit sketchy, but when I was about 7 or 8 (so we're talking early 70's) my nan lived in Clapham, not far from a small sports shop which I'm sure Peter Bonetti used to part own.

I went in with my nan during a school holiday and she got me a Chelsea tracksuit top and the guy serving said "shame you weren't in a couple of hours earlier, Peter was here then". But he did give me a pair of the green Peter Bonetti gloves!

There again, it could all have been a dream.......................!