How to stop shops releasing games early

dkw
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

You played that game, Dave?

I'm looking to start a nice wee collection for the winter months here. Just boght a new tv (Samsung of course...damn Chelsea sponsorship), and thinking it's going to be pretty epic playing game on it!

I tried that Oblivion game, maybe I need to try it again, but the sword play action got rather tedious. But I loved Fallout 3 (same company).

So any games that can pass away the winter months, when they arrive, would be great. So far, I'm thinkking I'll get Arkham City and Dead Island as soon as City comes out. But I don't think they're massive in terms of hours of gameplay

Sorry....just hijacked this thread!

Not out till early next month I think, looks pretty good though. Try the new Deus Ex game, and Dead Island as you say. And of course theres Gears of War 3 which is outstanding. Ive a Samsung tv too and its great with 360 on HD, scares the crap out of my wife sometimes.

Theres a new Forza game and a new Max Payne game out soon too, both series of games I love. The Forza Kinect stuff looks great fun too as an added bonus.

Edited by dkw

I too, when it's an option, will buy Samsung. Quality company, and in my mind my tv purchase is helping the club haha.

Mac - If you loved Fallout 3, have you played New Vegas yet? It's very cheap now, basically the same gameplay as Fallout, and there are 4 different 9.99 add-ons if you want to extend the gameplay. Some are worth it, some aren't, but I was bored this summer and bought all 4.

Football Manager 2012 has its own way of doing this. On this version you've got to activate it through steam. Won't be able to activate it before 00:01 on the day it's released.

Didnt they do the same with 2011 and had massive problems on release day, I seem to remember loads of people couldnt register their game. I like the idea in the OP, release a mentally high level demon on cheats, cruel but brilliant.

I too, when it's an option, will buy Samsung. Quality company, and in my mind my tv purchase is helping the club haha.

Mac - If you loved Fallout 3, have you played New Vegas yet? It's very cheap now, basically the same gameplay as Fallout, and there are 4 different 9.99 add-ons if you want to extend the gameplay. Some are worth it, some aren't, but I was bored this summer and bought all 4.

Yes mate, it's currently in my PS3 but has been there a while. I got to the end of it and was in the final battle - dependant on the path I took. I didn't have any armour so I get killed pretty easily. To be fair, the weather then got good so I've not played it since. The weather will soon be sh*t, so I'll probably fire it back up, finish it, and then get a few games to get me through the winter.

What's this Skyrim I'm hearing about?