sons first time

gman31

taking my son to his first match against sunderland for his birthday.ive tickets for the west stand upper gate 1 and was just wondering is it a good spot in the ground i havent been for years,i am originally from london but now live in belfast so getting over is so expensive.any feedback would be good, staying in the copthorne at the ground as well, as someone said this is were the players go.please let me know of any feedback with the west stand, hotel and most important were to get a good pint before the match, thanks.

Nice hotel, I stayed there once with my true blue discount coupon. Back of the net!

Pre match pints in Brogans, 5 mins walk away, good spot.

Decent seats, you will see quite a bit, although getting a good atmosphere these days is usually only found at the biggest games, and thats if they go well :laugh2:

Enjoy matey ::ChELSeAFaN:::good2:

Gate 1 means you'll be towards the Shed End of the ground. View is brilliant though it can be a steep climb to get to your seat in the West Upper. I was in the West Upper for the Valencia game having forgotten to order my own seat in time and ended up in the very back row in gate 6. Like I say the view was brilliant and contrary to what a lot of people say there was a fair bit of singing going on up there too which made for a good atmosphere.

Welcome Gman (hope thats not short for Glenman lol, mon the wee linfield) im belfast aswell, travel to most home games, I should be at the Sunderland game, as long as I get off work. West Stand is good place to take your son as he can at least sit during the game, nobody stands during the game. Never stayed at the Corpthrone, must use my true blue voucher sometime. I tend to stay at the Hotel Ibis, its a 5 minute walk from Stamford Bridge and close to a few pubs and West Brompton station. Hope your son enjoys the game.

thanks for all the feedback people,looking forward to it even more now.my son is 8 and you should of seen his reaction when {santa} left the tickets on christmas morning he couldnt contain himself and just let out a big oh FU!!K. lol .best present i ever bought myself lol .just hope to see a few new players as well fingers crossed hazard and higuin now that would be worth the expense itself good luck ktbffh

thanks for all the feedback people,looking forward to it even more now.my son is 8 and you should of seen his reaction when {santa} left the tickets on christmas morning he couldnt contain himself and just let out a big oh FU!!K. lol .best present i ever bought myself lol .just hope to see a few new players as well fingers crossed hazard and higuin now that would be worth the expense itself good luck ktbffh

Delighted for him , make every miniute count its bliss . I remember my young lads first game when he was only 12 , its a wonderful time for both child and parent . Enjoy mate. .

I've booked up for my sons first game as well. He's 7 (well will be on new years day!) and will be going to the Listenight game with my dad and me. The three of us are really excited. Strangely our tickets are a few rows in front of our old season tickets in the Matthew Harding upper.

Have a great day Gman as I know we will.

Hope you all had a good Christmas and have a new year that's an improvement on the year we're leaving.