Chelsea Ball Boys late 60s

rumpole

Have a look at old games on youtube mate, or have a look at mirrorpix, put in fixtures/dates ect you might get lucky.

My memory not as good as it was perhaps thats why i never asked you for that £20 i lent you in 1998? lol  what i do know is that i was behind northsatnd goal when we beat ipswich and alan hudson scored but he never did the shot hit the side netting and went under   remember watching big match the next day to see if i could see myself on the box

• 2 weeks later...

My memory not as good as it was perhaps thats why i never asked you for that £20 i lent you in 1998? lol  what i do know is that i was behind northsatnd goal when we beat ipswich and alan hudson scored but he never did the shot hit the side netting and went under   remember watching big match the next day to see if i could see myself on the box

What we really want to know is whether you were asked to waste time :) ?

oh..i thought that was David webb that scored the goal that wasnt...I remember being at the match.....My memory is worse than im told

You in this one, mate? 1967/68, pic taken from the home match v Southampton.

67-67-Chelseaballboys_zps1c810c0b.jpg

Cheers fella unfortunately I'm not in that photo i might ave been a spare for that game the picture was taken! memory that far back is gone only thing that sticks out ball boy wise other than....... (phantom Alan Hudson's goal and nicking peter osgood shirt and getting in the Chelsea bath after a midweek game where it was pissing down with rain all night and all us ballboys was soaking wet remember we had our clothes under them sh*tty track suits )............ is my ball boy mate Kevin Sargeant also from camberwell died many years ago and the fella Fred who actually got the ball boys and freds son another ball boy called russel i think ? i remember fred was something to do with royal mail that's how i got to be a ballboy old pals act kevin sargeant dad got him a place and also me wish they had digital cameras in them old days ...............................................also the arguments i witnessed between players 

Was there an incident at Stamford Bridge in the 70s with a ball boy? I think that it was against Fulham.

Yes there was 1975-76 the ball went pass the post the ball boy held on to the ball until the chelsea players where ready for the goal kick to be taken, Fulham goalkeeper Ian Mellor grabbed the ball out of his hands and claimed he was waiting for a signal from Bill Garner, alas the game ended 0-0

Archived