Subbuteo - Who had it and your thoughts, memories etc

erskblue

I mentioned something about subbuteo tv camera stand in the Vintage Thread and somebody suggested it deserves a thread of it's own.

So here we go...

I admit to getting the 'Munich Floodlight Edition' for Christmas 1975.

Thought it was the business having my own floodlights :biggrin:

Two of my first ever foreign teams were St Ettiene and Bayern Munich. The teams cost either 60p or 65p back then.

Anybody with any more memories, thoughts etc.

I mentioned something about subbuteo tv camera stand in the Vintage Thread and somebody suggested it deserves a thread of it's own.

So here we go...

I admit to getting the 'Munich Floodlight Edition' for Christmas 1975.

Thought it was the business having my own floodlights :biggrin:

Two of my first ever foreign teams were St Ettiene and Bayern Munich. The teams cost either 60p or 65p back then.

Anybody with any more memories, thoughts etc.

There's already a Subbuteo thread under fun and games...have a look in there for some memory jerkers :smile:

Great memories of the game between 1970 and 1975 !

Lived in North London and us kids had a local league. A mate called Michael Coffee was the king

at the game - he managed to lean the player forward with his fore finger and chip the ball into the

top corner 9 times out of ten when just inside the line deemed acceptable for a shot at goal.

The game devalued in my opinion once the long throwers and the traditional ways of producing

teams and the box set in general diminished.

Memories of broken legs and glue all over the place and of course that magical moment when a

mate set his game up on a bit of plywood or something in his dad's garage thus bringing the end

to kneeling on players forever.

Sold all my teams, scoreboards, fencing and original dugouts and 'queen presentation sets' on Ebay

many years ago for a tidy sum.

The best football game of it's generation, possibly of all time, much better than that awful 'striker' game

when you pushed the heads of players to kick the ball !

Archived