Mad Dogs Finale

Nibs

Got around to catching up on stuff I Sky + over Christmas and have to say thoroughly disappointed with the ending in Mad Dogs. Anyone else a fan?

Loved the first couple of series - the banter between the four characters was brilliant, but thought it went downhill in the third and the finale...............well I just sat there and thought what the f**k was all that about?!

Seems they just ran out of ideas in the end.

Got around to catching up on stuff I Sky + over Christmas and have to say thoroughly disappointed with the ending in Mad Dogs. Anyone else a fan?

Loved the first couple of series - the banter between the four characters was brilliant, but thought it went downhill in the third and the finale...............well I just sat there and thought what the f**k was all that about?!

Seems they just ran out of ideas in the end.

I really liked the first two and only watched the first of the finale and missed the second, it seemed to have gone downhill a bit but I'm going to download the second one before I make my mind up.

Really did like it for some reason and as you say, the banter between the four of them was really believable, My mates doing a tv thing on fast cars with Philip Glenister and says hes a good bloke, I quite liked him in that other thing, ashes to ashes or something Bowie related.

You must watch the second one Chippy and let me know what you think.

Seems to be the way these days that so may series have a naff ending. I like all the actors in Mad Dogs but it just ran out of steam in the end, In hindsight they shouldn't have killed Ben Chaplin's character off (Alvo) so early in the first series but his killing and what ensued was the main plot I guess.

I'll let you know as I just downloaded it and the first three series, my mate who's doing the Car thing with PG hasn't seen any of it so I said I'd get them for him.

Not looking forward to it now as I had the feeling it was going to be a let down from the first part, agree about Alvo, maybe if he'd have been kidnapped or something and made an appearance late on it would have given it more longevity.

Whats with the little Voodoo bloke as well? Maybe I'll find out when I watch the last one.

Got around to watching the last episode and as expected it was a complete let down, it seems to have got less believable with ridiculous bbits slung in as if they just couldn't fill a full episode with anything relevant to the story.

The men wearing rubber masks on the beach digging graves would have surely roasted in that heat and that certainly wasn't the most unrealistic part.

Yep for me a good series that should have ended on series three or at least been thought about and written while tee total for the last one.

The ending was crap. I went online to try and get an answer on what its all about. There are answers out there (not very good ones though).

I liked the series. You could relate to their friendships i think. Although it was unbelieveable at times they made it seem possible. Its a shame like most great series the ending was a huge let down.

Dont even get me started on the Dexter ending!

The ending was crap. I went online to try and get an answer on what its all about. There are answers out there (not very good ones though).

I did exactly the same Uno and when you have to do that, you know the ending is crap!

People with psychology degrees will spend a few hours looking for some deep hidden meaning but for me it was very disappointing and pretentious bollocks which spoilt an otherwise really enjoyable series.

I still don't know what that little voodoo thing was all about, it got more and more far fetched and really was a let down, it started so well and you could associate with bits of it, the holiday villa and the friendships were really quite realistic but its as if someone else got involved in the writing late on.

If you want to see the last two and can't find it, pm me your address and I'll send it on DVD.

It's alright, I've got a link, but thanks for the kind offer though.

I think I'm going to prolong watching it and hold off on the inevitable disappointment. I've got Sons of Anarchy, The Mentalist, Suits, & Homeland to catchup on as it is.

Also, watched the 1st episode of a new one on 4 the other day called Hostages, seems decent.

Archived