Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carrickblue

Last chance. New era.

Skipped the 1-1 with Livingston mid-week but comforted again by a 3-1 away win at Dumbarton (spirits also lifted by Inverness Caley - ooops there goes a treble)

Things looking ok for the playoffs. I keep thinking I should post something about the boardroom situation at Ibrox but tbh, like most of the population I haven't a notion what's really going on. Still, the bailiffs haven't been at the door yet so that must be a good sign. 

Skipped the 1-1 with Livingston mid-week but comforted again by a 3-1 away win at Dumbarton (spirits also lifted by Inverness Caley - ooops there goes a treble)

Things looking ok for the playoffs. I keep thinking I should post something about the boardroom situation at Ibrox but tbh, like most of the population I haven't a notion what's really going on. Still, the bailiffs haven't been at the door yet so that must be a good sign. 

Yes, looking okay for the play-offs. Last game at Hearts is going to be interesting. Game was to moved to Sunday, 3 May and then back to 2 May when someone remembered that all of the last games had to start at the same time. A bit of a farce. 

All very strange with the board. Dave King has been cleared by the Court of Session yet the SFA is still investigating. Don't understand that.

me neither but, as I still view the SFA as an anti-Rangers cabal operating under the direction of Liewell, I wouldn't be surprised that they will come up with something to rule him as an unfit person 

me neither but, as I still view the SFA as an anti-Rangers cabal operating under the direction of Liewell, I wouldn't be surprised that they will come up with something to rule him as an unfit person 

You're right about the SFA. The SFA and the SPFL will do anything to stop King. 

I noticed that the other day that the club was fined over Mike Ashley's dual ownership. I thought UEFA and FIFA rules stipulated that people couldn't fully or part own two clubs in one country. Not the case with Ashley's involvement with Rangers and Newcastle. Last time I checked the map, the clubs were in different countries.

The SFA have their own rule about dual ownership which has no geographical limitation, still I'm sure MA laughed at the £5,500 fine. Pathetic.

Just read that Liewell and Stewart Regan will be involved in determining whether King passes their fit and proper person criteria. So he can be guaranteed a fair hearing. (NOT)

The SFA have their own rule about dual ownership which has no geographical limitation, still I'm sure MA laughed at the £5,500 fine. Pathetic.

Just read that Liewell and Stewart Regan will be involved in determining whether King passes their fit and proper person criteria. So he can be guaranteed a fair hearing. (NOT)

King has no chance if those two are involved. As you say, he won't be guaranteed a fair hearing.

Rangers 2 - 2 Falkirk

Good fight back from 2-0 down but I'm afraid that's second place gone. On today's performance you wouldn't fancy Rangers' chances of getting past QoS, Hibs and Motherwell

Grim :sad:

Rangers 2 - 2 Falkirk

Good fight back from 2-0 down but I'm afraid that's second place gone. On today's performance you wouldn't fancy Rangers' chances of getting past QoS, Hibs and Motherwell

Grim :sad:

I received an email this morning from someone who was at the game and she told me that some of the mans were booing McCulloch, They were told to be quiet. I read that McCall criticised the fans who booed. Can't see it helps booing you own players.

Agree, it's going to be tough to get promoted now.

Jig has been a great servant of the club and one of the few not to jump ship a few years ago but can't go on for ever. Will be interesting to see if he is still at Ibrox.

Looks like the SFA is to meet this week to ratify (or not) King and Murray as board members. I wouldn't put it past the crooks in the SFA to refuse them. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32490019

Sad to see not many active in here!

If any of you fancy travelling up for a game give me a shout and I'm more than happy to help you arrange travel, tickets etc.

Yep - me and my good friend Boyne have been keeping the Rangers thread alive for a while now so it's good to see a new face around here!

Big game tomorrow we need a big performance.

Yep - me and my good friend Boyne have been keeping the Rangers thread alive for a while now so it's good to see a new face around here!

Big game tomorrow we need a big performance.

Don't really think tomorrow matters, if the extra two legs are enough to derail us then we don't deserve to go up.

My plan for the weekend was Tynecastle on Saturday and the Bridge on Sunday - unfortunately only got a ticket for Rangers game!

Must get up to Ibrox next season as it's a while since I've been there. Will stay with family and get the supporters bus in. Two of my cousins have ST in the Main Stand.

Hi Carrickblue,was going to like your post but thought it would be good to leave your likes at 1690!

Won't be able to watch the game as am out this evening. Here's hoping for a great win for the Gers. Sets it up nicely for the return at Ibrox. WATP

Hi Carrickblue,was going to like your post but thought it would be good to leave your likes at 1690!

Won't be able to watch the game as am out this evening. Here's hoping for a great win for the Gers. Sets it up nicely for the return at Ibrox. WATP

Cheers Boyne - I've a horrible feeling it'll be a nail-biter

A Mourinho-esque performance. A couple of pots at goal and we scored twice - clinical efficiency I think it's called. To be fair QoS hardly created anything either. A draw would have been a fair result but delighted that we go to Ibrox with a slight advantage.

Looks like it will be a full house at Ibrox today which is excellent to hear. Looking forward to watching it later. Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of when we played Rangers at Stamford Bridge to raise money for the Bradford City Fire Disaster. Chelsea won 3-2 and there was a crowd of about 7,500. I did have a programme for the game but gave it to one of my cousins who is a ST holder at Ibrox.

A step closer but that was tough enough, roll on Wednesday night

Yes, mad it tough. Thought the Gers could have had two or three in the first half. Just couldn't finish off some good approach play. Was nervous towards the end when they had all those corners. Roll on Wednesday. Would like if they had a two goal cushion for the second leg.

still Boyne, I thought they did play some decent football especially in the first half and more or less controlled the second half until, as you say, that period towards the end when Queens had that succession of corners

Hibs seem to have been on the beach for a week - who knows if that'll be good or bad for them