knee surgery for bridge tonight

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

http://www.chelseafc.com/xxchelsea180706/i.../list_2209129_0

Tue, 13th Mar 2007

Wayne Bridge will undergo a cartilage operation on his knee this evening (Tuesday). We wish Wayne all the best and look forward to his return to action as soon as possible.

Speaking to Chelsea TV this afternoon, prior to the operation, Chelsea club doctor Bryan English explained:

'He had been struggling with pain at the back of the knee for about three weeks. A scan confirmed that he had a tear in the meniscus, the shock absorber in the joint, but it was a stable tear.

'We thought we may be able to leave it to the end of the season but it got to the stage where he was struggling to do a flat-out sprint so we thought it would be best to get it done.

'When we had this operation done on Damien Duff, we had him back and playing in three weeks and we hope that will be the same with Bridgey. But you always wait for the operation to be done to see what that the prognosis is going to be.'

damn these injuries.

get well soon bridgey!

Explains why he hasn't been always appeared although he's head and shoulders better than ACole. It could just be favoritism though.

head and shoulders im not so sure...i think that once cashley gets settled he will find his true form and we will have one hell of a LB on our hands

Explains why he hasn't been always appeared although he's head and shoulders better than ACole. It could just be favoritism though.

head and shoulders im not so sure...i think that once cashley gets settled he will find his true form and we will have one hell of a LB on our hands

Well, A cole hasn?t really impressed yet has he? Bridgey has been right up there if you ask me. and could someone PLEASE take them farkin voodoo dolls away from Sir Alkie???

blue is the colour, respect for the avatar...as for bridge, it's been usual favourtism from jose...last few seasons carvalho played centre half even though the gallas jt partnership was clearly the best, but he signed riccy so....the same goes for this season...bridge has clearly been the better lb...to be honest i think ashley has benefitted from the pro-arsenal press all these years and is not as good as he has been made out....best lb in the world...you're having a laugh...anyone still believing that should watch a rerun of last week's cup-tie against the spurs...hope bridgey comes back soon