Chelsea v Rennes (CL) Wed 4th Nov 2020 20:00 GMT

coco

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Outrageous call on the second pen and red card. 

We stopped trying at 3-0. Full credit to Rennes they worked their socks off.

Its ridiculous now isnt it, and next week a much more blatant handball wont be given. I actually feel sorry for some referees now as they obviously have very little idea on how to implement these stupid rules.

Wasn't an very impressive performance going forward, but defensively we done well and Mendy was immerse again. I think the absence of Havetz clearly showed, he's not a perfect player yet but we definitely missed his running and passing. Jorginho was ok, but when he plays Kante started to push further up field and showed his limitation in that end of the field. Never  doubted a German taking penalties, and the first was all him for switching the flank and running into the box at speed.  Lastly, the second penalty and yellow card were terrible for football as a game. Penalty was harsh, but yellow to red card was completely unwarranted.

4 hours ago, ashwin said:

Nice easy win with so many positives, especially in defence. But I thought this match showed exactly what Havertz brings, the ability to link up, play intricate triangles between the lines, that very quick transition and very importantly keeps Kante playing a bit further back where he's most effective. Our attack can never be very effective when Kante is one of our advanced midfielders.

Cant disagree with anything you’ve said.

Had Havertz been available for selection last night, I presume FL would have started the 11 from the Burnley game ? - shame that wasn’t possible , would have have been good to see if that team were as fluent and easy on the eye last night as they were on Saturday.

A win is a win and the clean sheet is a great confidence boost for the defensive unit and goalkeeper, but V Burnley = enjoyable and exciting to watch , V Rennes = not so much?

Mendy, Silva, Zouma - well done, but what a pair of stars we have in Chilwell and James - well done Mount too , he never lets us down I feel, great commitment.

I wonder if Rennes would consider being our goalkeeping feeder club ?

It quite refreshing to come on here and see everyone criticising the referee for that decision. It was awful and we don't want to win games like that. However, have you seen the Liverpool fans when salah dives every single game, they turn a blind eye and act like it was a foul. Just shows the mentality of the two fans. 

3 hours ago, Oli said:

It quite refreshing to come on here and see everyone criticising the referee for that decision. It was awful and we don't want to win games like that. However, have you seen the Liverpool fans when salah dives every single game, they turn a blind eye and act like it was a foul. Just shows the mentality of the two fans. 

Always the victim though aren’t they!

Archived