Ballack and Shevchenko and Gudjohnsen ....

Star

I've got to go off on one again ...

Cast your minds back to that last minute Gudjohnsen shot at Anfield in the first Champions League semi at Anfield ,,,,

I'm more certain than ever after Shevchenko again failed to deliver against Blackburn that had Eidurs shot hit the corner of the onion bag we would have won the jug with the big ears and regained the premiership title last season without the need to sign the so called superstars in Ballack and Shevchenko.

I'm lookin at the number of one on one's that Sheva has missed since his 30 million smacker signing - Blackburn on Sunday was another when that split second instant control of the ball in yester years failed him - not to mention his countless blocked shots that five years ago would have been quickly dispatched into the net before the defender had time to react.

Which brings me nicely to Eidur, probably the best one on one finisher i've seen in a Chelsea shirt and a player with a brain and an eye to prove the perfect foil to make JFH a worldbeater for a time. Played in midfield in our last Premiership campaign when alongside Drogba THE best striker in the world i'm sure he'd have flourished.

I'm convinced now after our last two games that when Drogba, Essien, Mikel and Kalou go to the African nations our Premiership aspirations will go with them.

We haven't got a cat in hells chance that we will win the Champions League either. Others have stengthened and we have packed our squad with AVERAGE signings and we will pay for it.

I'll go one step further as well ... take it from me Jose will be sacked at the seasons end.

Before anyone says this is a knee jerk reaction - look at my prediction record - I was right last season and will be this season - LAY US ON BETFAIR FOR THE TITLE ON BETFAIR for everything you've got and it will makr TT's profit look smallfry icon_lol.gif

Star, i've been saying the same thing for the last couple of seasons now. We have slowly dismantled the team that won us back to back titles, WHY?

We look like eleven individuals not a team, let alone champions. We are still considered one of the favorites to win the CL which is madness if you ask me. Although i believe our only chance for success this season is in the cups so we may as well do a Liverfool and put all our eggs into that basket.

For us to have any cahnce in the league we have to hope its the most open title in years with everyone taking points off of everyone else, and we hit something like form at some stage. I cant see it though, came away from the game thinking Chelsea are back, Chelsea are back.

It seems the dynasty Chelsea were going to hold over the rest of the league was from 05 to 07.

We've done an Arsenal, broke up our league winning side.

No Duff, No Robben, No Eidur, No Gallas. These players have been replaced by lesser mortals, or in Gallas's case not replaced at al until this season.

Sheva, Cole and Sidwell made their 1st starts this season, Beletti and Alex their 2nd appearances for the club. No wonder they played like they'd only just met in the car park befor the game.

Malouda is no Robben. Let's get it right Cascarino was a big hit in French football!!

Our folly in the transfer market leaves alot to be desired!

That's what worries me. At least when Arse broke up their side they did the right thing and got good youngsters in. They might have had a couple of very average seasons but loot at the football they are playing now. We on the other hand went the "Big Name" route and that looks like one pretty monumental bad move. Wenger is good enough to re-build and those that wrote the Gooners off last season and beginning of this have gone very quiet. It maybe too early to panic but if we carry on like we've started this season and allowing for the African Nations, we'll be lucky to finish top four.

That's what worries me. At least when Arse broke up their side they did the right thing and got good youngsters in. They might have had a couplke of very average seasons but loot at the football they are playing now. We on the other hand went the "Big Name" route and that looks like one pretty monumental bad move. Wenger is good enough to re-build and those that wrote the Gooners off last season and beginning of this have gone very quiet. It maybe too early to panic but if we carry on like we've started this season and allowing for the African Nations, we'll be lucky to finish top four.

two injuries and they're finished- it will happen, they will have a bad patch.

That's what worries me. At least when Arse broke up their side they did the right thing and got good youngsters in. They might have had a couplke of very average seasons but loot at the football they are playing now. We on the other hand went the "Big Name" route and that looks like one pretty monumental bad move. Wenger is good enough to re-build and those that wrote the Gooners off last season and beginning of this have gone very quiet. It maybe too early to panic but if we carry on like we've started this season and allowing for the African Nations, we'll be lucky to finish top four.

bit like us with Lamps and Drogba then icon_rolleyes.gif

You can never say it will happen (ok, you just did!!) but look at Man Utd last season and the luck they had with injuries. At the moment they have Gallas injured. I think the only player in their team who they cannot afford to lose is Fabregas - the lad is different class. And what really pisses me off big time is not only are they playing much better football than us, is that they've nicked Diarra, one of our most promising younger players. icon_sad.gif

They will have a bad patch, all teams have down periods at some point in the season. But it's still concerning the way they seem to be building a squad successfully with a fraction of the money we are.

Archived