Joe Cole

ethicalstrategy

After watching sunday's performance against Utd I have some serious worries about the impact on Joey of Jose's leaving.

He seemed to play as if relieved that Jose wasn't there anymore so he could get away from playing any sort of disciplined game and just indulge himself like he did in the past. If he continues with that attitude he will finish up as a wasted talent, which wouldbe a crying shame.

Yer I agree, that is a good insight. I think Joey is an excellent player but it was certaintly apparent that he seemed to be letting himself down yesterday. I just hope that this won't continue now the special one has left. I rate Joey highly and think he has always been a vital player to the team

he's only had a couple matches for us, and so far you can see he's not at his best level of fitness.

he got into some nice areas before the sending off, aftyer which point he became increasingly desperate (understandably) trying to help plug gaps.

I?ve never seen Joey playing sooo horrible then what he did against ManU. Just plain horrible. Worse decision making, should have been sent off, and was very happy not to have caused a penalty

Agreed, he was crap, nothing esle to say about it really

that first tackle was a cast iron pen, and the second was a truly terrible swipe, a red card any day.

i agree he looked like his dad had let him go on his own and he wanted to impress his rude boy mates.

was a shame.

hopefully he isnt let off the leash for too long, and some modicum of disciple can be instilled in him by avram or clarke.

I would agree that he needs to retain a bit more discipline in his game but then again on the other hand we do not need another robot. We have far too many of those already.

How did the words to the song go? Express yourself..............................

Yer I agree, that is a good insight. I think Joey is an excellent player but it was certaintly apparent that he seemed to be letting himself down yesterday. I just hope that this won't continue now the special one has left. I rate Joey highly and think he has always been a vital player to the team

Show pony time again with Joe.

I know Joe did not perhaps like what Jose was trying to do but what Jose was trying to show him that he wanted him to be disciplined and whilst retaining his talent challenge it into areas where he could be a team player, cut out the fancy dan tricks that often made him lose the ball and put the team under great pressure.

Jose remembered can mould flair players he had Deco in his squad and he managed well with him so I don't believe he was trying to turn Joe into a robot. He just wanted him to realise that he had to contribute to the team for 90 minutes not just himself doing one great parlour trick to score a goal and then switching off.

Relieved he may well be and literally kicking up his heels but I fear that he will regress as a player long term.

Archived