Roman

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1779

Roman Abramovich is planning an overhaul of the management and playing staff at Chelsea after privately conceding that he made key mistakes in the wake of Jose Mourinho's departure.

Chelsea's billionaire benefactor recognised problems with the structure at Stamford Bridge long before Sunday's Carling Cup final defeat to Tottenham.

Avram Grant is not the only member of staff under threat and it is understood that a number of key personnel have effectively been placed on trial until the end of the season.

Abramovich told close friends as recently as last week that he had made errors in a number of crucial areas at the club and has taken full responsibility for their current plight.

Problems with Chelsea's playing style were confirmed when they fought out a dreadful 0-0 draw with Liverpool earlier this month. Sources at the club subsequently claimed that Grant appeared more intent on extending the club's unbeaten home record than 'taking the game' to Liverpool.

Despite strict instructions from 'upstairs' to replicate the attractive football that has forced the club to covet the services of Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard, Grant appears more interested in safeguarding his position by making Chelsea difficult to beat.

Intriguingly, following Sportsmail's exclusive story yesterday that Rijkaard is ready to talk about taking over at Chelsea in the summer, the Dutchman left pre-match press conference duties for this weekend's game against Atletico Madrid to assistant Johan Neeskens for the first time.

The pressure on Grant is increasing because Chelsea have scored just 10 goals in nine games and three of them were in the FA Cup tie with League One Huddersfield.

It is understood that the last straw for Abramovich was the dismal 0-0 draw with Olympiacos in the Champions League last week.

Highly rated first-team coach Brendan Rogers is in line for a more influential role. Chelsea's stars claim he is 'outstanding'.

Grant upset players not involved in the Carling Cup final by not allowing them to stay at London's Landmark Hotel the night before the game.

Right back Paulo Ferreira was in complete bemusement and distraught when omitted from the squad.

Let me get this straight.

Roman, a very private man, told some of his closest friends and those friends told the Daily Mail.

The fact that some people believe this sort of thing is a fine argument for restricting the right to vote.

Guest Brian M
Right back Paulo Ferreira was in complete bemusement and distraught when omitted from the squad.

Grant is the antichrist.

Hang the bar steward.

Oh the irony! A Jew being the anti-Christ! What, it's not enough you crucified the guy once?! 541.gif

Guest Brian M
Why don't you find yourself more gentile team.

Alternatively, you could go follow Sp*rs?

Still, nice 2nd post on the site. Though considering your first post was:

--------------------------

How about to get rid of fans:

1. Who don't support their team, when it is loosing.

2. Who calling to sack manager after he's received death threats and may be was a little distraught from the game.

3. Who badmouth the owner, which to continue to invest time and money despite gigantic losses.

...I suppose calling someone a moron is a step up.

Can't wait to read your third post. Feel free to PM me and let me know which thread it's under. I'd so hate to miss it.

Why don't you find yourself more gentile team.

Alternatively, you could go follow Sp*rs?

Still, nice 2nd post on the site. Though considering your first post was:

How about to get rid of fans:

1. Who don't support their team, when it is loosing.

2. Who calling to sack manager after he's received death threats and may be was a little distraught from the game.

3. Who badmouth the owner, which to continue to invest time and money despite gigantic losses.

...I suppose calling someone a moron is a step up.

Can't wait to read your third post. Feel free to PM me and let me know which thread it's under. I'd so hate to miss it.

Careful Brian, Thought Police will be round to accuse you of Anti-Semitism shortly. Starting in 3...2...1...

Guest Brian M
Careful Brian, Thought Police will be round to accuse you of Anti-Semitism shortly. Starting in 3...2...1...

I know. Isn't it a sad indictment of the world we live in when jokes get taken out of context and used as propaganda by people with a religious chip on their shoulder. I mean, God forbid you tell an 'thick' Irish joke to an Irishman...you're being racist! Or a 'sheep shagging' joke to a New Zealander. Or... (insert race, religion, whatever, here) icon_rolleyes.gif

I know. Isn't it a sad indictment of the world we live in when jokes get taken out of context and used as propaganda by people with a religious chip on their shoulder. I mean, God forbid you tell an 'thick' Irish joke to an Irishman...you're being racist! Or a 'sheep shagging' joke to a New Zealander. Or... (insert race, religion, whatever, here) icon_rolleyes.gif

Im Irish...you calling me thick?? icon_wink.gif

Sorry...gotta go...Potatoes are boiling....

Guest zompus

If the news article is true, then it makes me a lot happier knowing he has admitted mistakes and more importantly, ready to fix them. :-)

<3 Roman Abramovich ChElSea2.gif

As usual Brian, you are skating on extremely thin ice here. While I hate political correctness which is a form of fascism, you are espousing the kind of lowest common denominator behaviour which allows bigotry, racism and sexism to hide under the shroud of free speech. How can a joke about a ni**er or a kike or a shirt-lifter be taken out of context? If I object to racial stereotyping why does that suggest that I have a religious chip on my shoulder? That is not to say that jokes about race, religion etc. should be forbidden, it's all a question of intent and - most importantly whether the joke is funny.

Comedy based on prejudice and bullying demeans both the teller and the subject alike. This does not make me a member of the thought police.