Mod/loz

Tim W

It seems (to me on two different puters two different connections) that animated avatars are at times slowing the site down. I've noticed the avtars are taking years to load on text only threads. Of course this could be down to me, as most crap things in life are my fault or so my wife tells me!

It seems (to me on two different puters two different connections) that animated avatars are at times slowing the site down. I've noticed the avtars are taking years to load on text only threads. Of course this could be down to me, as most crap things in life are my fault or so my wife tells me!

Put a new flint into your PC

Tim, avatars won't slow the site down as the server can handle it. Most of the animated avatars are not even on the site server here, and are linked from elsewhere.

If you are getting slow page loads from animated avatars, it would be your internet connection.

Tim, avatars won't slow the site down as the server can handle it. Most of the animated avatars are not even on the site server here, and are linked from elsewhere.

If you are getting slow page loads from animated avatars, it would be your internet connection.

I will makes some tests - I have very fast connections both at home and in my office and if the line dropped 50% it should only take a second to load a page. The only reason I mentioned avatars was because this seemed to be a common denominator, it could be something else like moi's lipstick or growth on G4's chin.

It may possible be the amount of pictures in find a picture? Though even then, on a fast connection, it should piss through it?

About 3-5 minutes a day, the forum will freeze while the server backs up, possible you could be seeing that?

It may possible be the amount of pictures in find a picture? Though even then, on a fast connection, it should piss through it?

About 3-5 minutes a day, the forum will freeze while the server backs up, possible you could be seeing that?

Think it was my Torrent client munching on my system resources, but you Windoze users would know all about that

Archived