Scolari On The Plc Board

dkw

according to the Guardian today, Scolari has been appointed to the club's plc board. they say it was never offered to jose, but im not sure of the significance. the plus points are scolari now has a vested interest in the future of the club, even beyond his own tenure. i suppose in practice he should get a say in the running of the club, though i think hes more than likely there just as a gift.

I don’t know what it means either. Is it a show of confidence or is he being pushed upstairs to make room for a new manager? :unsure:

Or has it got anything to do with the credit crunch and we can’t afford a new director of football?

Has to be a good thing in my opinion.

One of the main reasons that led to Mourinho's depature was the fact that the club's upper management (Kenyon, Buck, Arnesen etc) seemed to have pretty different goals and objectives to what Mourinho wanted in the dressing room.

It seemed like there ended up being a whole lot of "us vs. them" situations over transfer policy, decision making etc.

Hopefully with Scolari on the board, the clubs administritive side and playing side can work as a bit more of a unit.

Archived