Mancienne in FULL England Squad?

Jimboola69
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

See this in the Sun...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1933181.ece

Despite not getting a look in at Chelsea it seems that England have noted his superb performances. I have seen him for our resrves, QPR and the England U-21's and have been banging on about him getting a few run outs for Chelsea, but even for me this is a bit of a shock.

But good on him!

"FABIO CAPELLO has handed a shock England call-up to Chelsea rookie Michael Mancienne.

The on-loan Wolves defender will tonight be named in the squad for next Wednesday’s clash in Germany.

Mancienne, 20, is yet to play for the Blues — but has impressed with his displays for England Under-21s and Wolves.

He will be joined in the senior squad by Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor and Manchester City keeper Joe Hart.

Boss Capello wants to run the rule over several youngsters for the friendly in Berlin.

London-born Mancienne will also link up with Chelsea pals John Terry, Frank Lampard and Wayne Bridge.

The centre-half has won rave reviews during his loan spell at Molineux — with boss Mick McCarthy comparing him to German legend Franz Beckenbauer.

Mancienne recently revealed his frustration at failing to break into the Blues side after signing a three-year contract in August 2007.

He hinted that he may have to quit the club."

Edited by Jimboola69

Ha, ha, ha. Classic. One of our talented youngsters gets called into the full England squad despite never being given a chance to kick a ball in our first team. Brilliant.

We should put this sign up outside the ground.

Stamford Bridge - Home Of Chelsea - A Youth Free Zone

I reckon Roman and Kenyon will probably let him end up at Man U or Le Arse and then buy him back for £25 mill.

Ha, ha, ha. Classic. One of our talented youngsters gets called into the full England squad despite never being given a chance to kick a ball in our first team. Brilliant.

We should put this sign up outside the ground.

Stamford Bridge - Home Of Chelsea - A Youth Free Zone

I reckon Roman and Kenyon will probably let him end up at Man U or Le Arse and then buy him back for £25 mill.

so where do you think he got his training? which club nurtured him and helped him become the player he is now? i suppose we had absolutely nothing to do with how good a player hes become and can take no pleasure in seeing one of our young players do so well then.

I really don't see your point DKW. Of course I'm pleased for the kid. But recognition like this only highlights the absurditiy of the club's current attitude to giving kids a chance in our first-team.

Are you just happy that we invest time and money to produce home-grown kids of this quality only for them, (none of them!), to never get any game-time whatsoever? Jesus, the boy himself has already acknowledged that he probably has to leave to get any realistic chance of first-team action. And he's not an isolated case. I have seen quite a bit of Scott Sinclair and I am more than willing to bet that, given a run in the side, he would produce more for us than Malouda. But is he ever going to get the chance to prove that? Of course not.

Now I know we are not alone with this sort of policy, I'm not for a moment saying we should be throwing a load of youngsters in against the likes of Liverpool and United in the EPL. But we should, most definately, be grounding a few of the very best ones in the Carling Cup and against weaker opposition in the FA Cup and EPL. For start it gives those kids hope and something realistic to aim for. And secondly, it would help attract other promising youngsters to us knowing that they would, if they were good enough, get a chance to show it in the first team.

I've said this before but it's probably worth repeating here. If I had a 12/13 year old lad who was a talented footballer with a geniune love the game, and he was being courted by Le Arse and Chelsea. Who would I recommend he join? Although it hurts to say it, it would be Le Arse.

I really don't see your point DKW. Of course I'm pleased for the kid. But recognition like this only highlights the absurditiy of the club's current attitude to giving kids a chance in our first-team.

Are you just happy that we invest time and money to produce home-grown kids of this quality only for them, (none of them!), to never get any game-time whatsoever? Jesus, the boy himself has already acknowledged that he probably has to leave to get any realistic chance of first-team action. And he's not an isolated case. I have seen quite a bit of Scott Sinclair and I am more than willing to bet that, given a run in the side, he would produce more for us than Malouda. But is he ever going to get the chance to prove that? Of course not.

Now I know we are not alone with this sort of policy, I'm not for a moment saying we should be throwing a load of youngsters in against the likes of Liverpool and United in the EPL. But we should, most definately, be grounding a few of the very best ones in the Carling Cup and against weaker opposition in the FA Cup and EPL. For start it gives those kids hope and something realistic to aim for. And secondly, it would help attract other promising youngsters to us knowing that they would, if they were good enough, get a chance to show it in the first team.

I've said this before but it's probably worth repeating here. If I had a 12/13 year old lad who was a talented footballer with a geniune love the game, and he was being courted by Le Arse and Chelsea. Who would I recommend he join? Although it hurts to say it, it would be Le Arse.

ok then, answer me this. is mancienne better than the the four defenders ahead of him? i would argue that sinclair isnt getting anywhere near the potential we all hoped he had in the games ive seen him play, first team and reserves. if there good enough they will get through. would you like us to play young players just for the sake of it because arsenal do? i agree we should have against burnley, but after every prem game people on here are talking about youth players not getting a look in. scolaris only been here for 5 months, give the bloke a chance to settle in for gods sake. nearly every thread is hijacked by someone going on about the young players, and im pretty bored of it (though in fairness this one probably deserves to have youth players mentioned :D )

Agree with everything you say Marco. I went to the Burnley game on Wednesday fully expecting to see the launch of Miroslav Stochs career to find he wasn't even on the bench. And then found myself shaking my head in disbelief as Sinclair, Di Santo and Woods were only on the bench.

Why? Was there a fear we'd get knocked out if we played some of the kids. Well hey, guess what happened?

That Mancienne has not yet played for the first team is an utter disgrace to which Mourinho, Grant and Scolari can all hang their heads in shame.

ok then, answer me this. is mancienne better than the the four defenders ahead of him? i would argue that sinclair isnt getting anywhere near the potential we all hoped he had in the games ive seen him play, first team and reserves. if there good enough they will get through. would you like us to play young players just for the sake of it because arsenal do? i agree we should have against burnley, but after every prem game people on here are talking about youth players not getting a look in. scolaris only been here for 5 months, give the bloke a chance to settle in for gods sake. nearly every thread is hijacked by someone going on about the young players, and im pretty bored of it (though in fairness this one probably deserves to have youth players mentioned :D )

Do you know what dkw? In truth I have no idea weather he is any better, or could be any better, than the four players ahead of him. Have you? Probably not. Because neither of us have ever seen him in first team action ! Therein lies my point!!

Look. He doesn't have to be better than the other players ahead of him, especially at 19 or 20 years old. And as I said previously, it's not about playing him every week. It's about giving him, (and the other top kids), an opportunity in certain games against lower opposition. And if they do well there looking to give them further opportunities. It should be a gradual progression. And it has nothing to do with Scolari and giving him time. It's about the club's attitude to youth progression and our current set-up. Things were exactly the same under Grant and Jose, and for that reason Roman has to take some of the blame IMO.

Also I feel the comment you make about Sinclair is really unfair on the kid. How much have you seen of him in the first team? I think I know the answer to that. Very little. Because he has hardly been used. 5 minutes here, 3 minutes there. All as a late sub. Is that really enough for him to make a telling contribution? Is that really enough for you to form an opinion? And please don't trot out the old standby of "if they're good enough they will get through" That is just rubbish under the current set-up. If JT and Mancienne's ages and circumstances were reversed, do you really, geniunely believe JT would be getting first-team games ahead of the older more experienced players? No chance.

I completely agree with you just. I can not believe that even against Burnley we still keep our younger players on the bench. If they can't get a chance in these games then they wont get a game all season. We have been talking about Mancienne for along time and although he is getting rave reviews for the under 21's and at every club he goes on loan to, we still ignore him.

I am not getting ahead of myself saying he is the net Terry, i dnt think any of us are DKW but surely he deserves the chance to prove himself.

I don't think this is just a problem with Scolari, i think this is a problem with the whole ethos at Chelsea as we have seen the Mourinho and Grant do exactly the same.

Maybe this problem comes from the overwhelming preasure for us to get results coming from the top. Maybe this preasure stop our mangers taking a chance on the younger players. Who knows!

Do you know what dkw? In truth I have no idea weather he is any better, or could be any better, than the four players ahead of him. Have you? Probably not. Because neither of us have ever seen him in first team action ! Therein lies my point!!

Look. He doesn't have to be better than the other players ahead of him, especially at 19 or 20 years old. And as I said previously, it's not about playing him every week. It's about giving him, (and the other top kids), an opportunity in certain games against lower opposition. And if they do well there looking to give them further opportunities. It should be a gradual progression. And it has nothing to do with Scolari and giving him time. It's about the club's attitude to youth progression and our current set-up. Things were exactly the same under Grant and Jose, and for that reason Roman has to take some of the blame IMO.

Also I feel the comment you make about Sinclair is really unfair on the kid. How much have you seen of him in the first team? I think I know the answer to that. Very little. Because he has hardly been used. 5 minutes here, 3 minutes there. All as a late sub. Is that really enough for him to make a telling contribution? Is that really enough for you to form an opinion? And please don't trot out the old standby of "if they're good enough they will get through" That is just rubbish under the current set-up. If JT and Mancienne's ages and circumstances were reversed, do you really, geniunely believe JT would be getting first-team games ahead of the older more experienced players? No chance.

ive seen plenty of mancienne on loan in the championship and for englands under 21`s and i can tell you now he isnt as good as the 4 ahead of him. fir me he hastnt the physical attributes to take him to the level needed for chelsea. and ive seen loads of sinclair in the ressies and he is knowhere near good enough to make the first team squad let alone the starting 11. and i do think if there good enough they will break through in time, just not at the moment as scolari simply hasnt the leeway to be able to take a chance on youth players. i agree he has missed opportunitys to let some have 10 minutes here and there, but hes only just got to the club.

Jonathan Evans got another start for Manure today, while our Manciennie hasnt been given a look.

very dissapointing.

thats partly because utd dont have cover other than him for ferdinand and vidic whereas we do for our first choices

It is not easy to raise in the pecking order when the names are Terry, Carvalho, Alex and Ivanovic. He is clearly the 5th choice here no matter he gets called to England squad. All the other 4 are regular names in their national teams.

Would love to see him in Chelsea squad but when we have Alex and Ivanovic sitting in the bench most of the season his chances are slim. As an Englishman he has better chances but still..

and i do think if there good enough they will break through in time, just not at the moment as scolari simply hasnt the leeway to be able to take a chance on youth players.

Why doesn't he have the leeway? He's the manager and he picks the team. He had plenty of leeway to play some of the youngsters against Burnley and chose not to. Why? Because we might get knocked out? Well we got knocked out anyway and he missed the chance to blood some new players. The writing was on the wall from the very first game this season when we were 4-0 up at home to Pompey and he chose to bring on Paolo Ferreira instead of Franco Di Santo. So what leeway did he need to bring on Franco? Absolutely nonsensical decision.

bbc website - 1626: Man Utd duo Darron Gibson, 21, and Danny Welbeck, 17, are on at Old Trafford for their Premier League debuts. Ji-Sung Park and Darren Fletcher make way.

I know they r 3nil up against Stoke and they have injury's but atleast they get a chance, when we are 3 or 4 nil up we never get Di Santo on till 85th min, stoch doesn't come on at all and neither does sinclair.

All i am saying is give them more of ago and Burley was a good chance to do this, but i guess that game has gone now and maybe they will get a chance in FA cup

Edited by WoodmanBlue

# 84' GOAL!!!! WHAT A STRIKE BY DANNY WELBECK!!! He slams a 30-yarder into the top-right corner! What a goal, his first in the Premier League.

:(

thats partly because utd dont have cover other than him for ferdinand and vidic whereas we do for our first choices

Alex Ferguson could have handed Gary Neville/Wes Brown a start instead of Evans

what, you mean the manager who`s been at the club for years and knows the young players inside out? as opposed to scolari who knows very little about the young players at his disposal. comparing them is pretty ridiculous.

Scolari could at least give 10-15 mins for the youngsters when we are cruising 3-0.

There's nothing to lose.

he has. di santo has played a part in several games this season. look, i understand peoples frustrations but i dont want us to play young players just because their young. i think a lot of the frustration is because of arsenals kids getting so much praise and we would love to see the same at the bridge. but its not like the kids at the arse are winning much and wenger is in a completely different situation to scolari. give it time and hopefully we will see scolari integrating young players into the 1st team once hes settled in here and knows more about them.

No dkw the frustration is absolutely nothing to do with Arsenal. Thge frustration from me was laid down right after the very first game of the season when we were 4-0 up against Pompey at home and he chose to bring on Ferreira instead of Di Santo. Justify that.

No dkw the frustration is absolutely nothing to do with Arsenal. Thge frustration from me was laid down right after the very first game of the season when we were 4-0 up against Pompey at home and he chose to bring on Ferreira instead of Di Santo. Justify that.

he knows exactly what he would get from ferreira and hadnt even heard of di santo. next...

he knows exactly what he would get from ferreira and hadnt even heard of di santo. next...

Exactly, he knows precisely what he'll get from Ferreira so why bother bringing him on when, as even you admit, he knows nothing of Di Santo so at 4-0 up what a great time to learn? So I say again, justify that.....next.

Exactly, he knows precisely what he'll get from Ferreira so why bother bringing him on when, as even you admit, he knows nothing of Di Santo so at 4-0 up what a great time to learn? So I say again, justify that.....next.

maybe i should clarify myself on that one. im not saying it was right and i was dissapointed when he came on but i do understand it a bit. scolari isnt in the same position as fergie and wenger where he can afford to risk young players and accept a defeat. he needs to win games and keep winning games.

maybe i should clarify myself on that one. im not saying it was right and i was dissapointed when he came on but i do understand it a bit. scolari isnt in the same position as fergie and wenger where he can afford to risk young players and accept a defeat. he needs to win games and keep winning games.

4-0 up with about 15 minutes to go and you ask where can he afford to risk young players? Stop digging mate.