Liverpool escape punishment

BLUENUT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7763113.stm

Didn't Cahill get punished for his handcuff celebration last season when his brother was arrested for assault?

But if you protest for a murderer it's OK?

I really dunno who writes these FA rules books, or do they just make it up as they go along?

Wasn't a player booked at the weekend for revealing a t-shirt with ' God is great' on it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7763113.stm

Didn't Cahill get punished for his handcuff celebration last season when his brother was arrested for assault?

But if you protest for a murderer it's OK?

I really dunno who writes these FA rules books, or do they just make it up as they go along?

Wasn't a player booked at the weekend for revealing a t-shirt with ' God is great' on it?

No surprise. This is Liverpool we are talking about.

Shocking, though, that the FA think this is OK in the light of the huge rumpus about that Ipswich player the other week.

Was it Michael Shields that turned a father of 2 into a vegetable with a lump of concrete?

Apparently he's innocent becuase another Liverpool fans admitted it was him, and not Shield who carried out the attack, I don't see any T-Shirts asking for him to be brought to justice though.

It's not like Liverpool to support murderers is it?

But murderers do support Liverpool!

Was it Michael Shields that turned a father of 2 into a vegetable with a lump of concrete?

Yes - the barman Martin Georgiev says doctors told him for the rest of his life he can't get excited over anything or his brain will just short-circuit. And, yes, I think he is a father of two.

Apparently he's innocent becuase another Liverpool fans admitted it was him, and not Shield who carried out the attack, I don't see any T-Shirts asking for him to be brought to justice though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/content/art...9_feature.shtml

He is not innocent. The other Liverpool fan that admitted to it obviously had his story mixed up (his account of the events contradicted the witnesses' account) and has refused to testify in front of the Bulgarian authorities, so his admittance is inadmissible in court.

I wouldn't want to mention much more on that. It is a very emotional topic for me, so that's all I am gonna say.

If the case against his conviction is so damned airtight (as Virosh has clearly shown its not) then why has he gone without a pardon despite being eligible for one, and now on British soil? Probably because all signs point to guilty

I dont wanna comment more either, becasue this is about the lives of two men and its not a matter for idle speculation, but I get the feeling that in most every other city in the world, Michael Shields would just be a long forgotten convict. Leave it to Liverpool to champion a cause like that.

And yes, the comparisons with that idiot at Ipswich are totally valid. Shields didnt kill anyone, but he came close. The only difference is admitting culpability

Archived