Arnesen on his way out?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I think if Arnsesen leaves he has every right to feel dissappointed, he's managed to bring the young talent to the Bridge, but i think a total lack of balls from the management team in taking a chance on these lads has meant that the role hasn't been as successful as it might have been, the game in the Carling Cup against Portsmouth where we're 4-0 up with youth on the bench and they don't get a game is a perfect example of why youth of any level of quality, will never prevail unless a drastic change of policy is taken.

I think if Arnsesen leaves he has every right to feel dissappointed, he's managed to bring the young talent to the Bridge, but i think a total lack of balls from the management team in taking a chance on these lads has meant that the role hasn't been as successful as it might have been, the game in the Carling Cup against Portsmouth where we're 4-0 up with youth on the bench and they don't get a game is a perfect example of why youth of any level of quality, will never prevail unless a drastic change of policy is taken.

Yes he's brought loads of young talent, but none have broken into the first team as yet. Pretty dissapointing really. Still, on the plus side, he brought in Stoch! ;)

Yes he's brought loads of young talent, but none have broken into the first team as yet. Pretty dissapointing really. Still, on the plus side, he brought in Stoch! ;)

The fella did a decent job at Spurs brining in talent for a side that couldn't afford the best. He came to Chelsea in another PR disaster costing the club £8m in settlements. (who in the history of football has paid £8m for a scout, not youth team coach, but scout?) His appointment was not with the managers blessing, but an appointment at board level, and although he may have brought in some promisisng youngsters, they may never gain real 1st team experience with the pressure's placed on our manager, whoever it maybe, for silverware.

I would possibley stretch to see the appointment of Arnesen a positive thing, on the youth side, if the club had a long term plan to allow the youngsters to flourish and become a part of the 1st team squad. They may have had a promotion to train with them, but on the stage where it matters, some have yet to get a look in, although seasoned professionals in their positions have been left wanting so far this season. If the chairman says there are no funds available, and we are no loger the big spenders, then in the current climate we are following the Arsenal mandate, that has proven over the past few season to have major flaws. Although they have a manager who has appointed his own scouts and asked for players he can develope, rather than one who has been given kids to work with and told there's no funds available.

Directors of football are OK if it works for your club and has been in place to produce a progressive structure, and they can work with the manager. (although yet to be seen in English football) Scout's and scouting systems are great for clubs with a certain long-term plan in place, but to just get the best manager in the world, the best scout in the world, the best so-called PR man in the world with no long-term plan in place really show me the club don't know which direction to go in.

We've got a great training set-up in Cobham, and we can only thank Roman for that, but what are the long term plans? Really?

With no financial input Arseanl have shown we won't win much with kids all the way, but with the correct balance and long-term plan Manu are a shining example, but does any Chelsea manager have the grace of a long term plan when things are being organised around him, unlike they are at Manu?

I think it's still 1 or 2 years to early to judge if he's done a good job or not, making the final of the Youth Cup last year certainly suggests that he's doing pretty well, if we do that again this year then next year a couple of the youth players break into the first team he's done a good job.

I like the idea of giving youth a chance in the first team but the manager has to have faith in them, if he does really rate them then why put them in?

When you have two strings of full internationals it is really hard to give a chance to the youngsters. Chelsea doesn't have a policy to give youngster a chance just for that cause. We need to be ravaged by injuries to see those guys in the line-up. Sad but true.

If the chairman says there are no funds available, and we are no loger the big spenders, then in the current climate we are following the Arsenal mandate, that has proven over the past few season to have major flaws. Although they have a manager who has appointed his own scouts and asked for players he can develope, rather than one who has been given kids to work with and told there's no funds available.

Directors of football are OK if it works for your club and has been in place to produce a progressive structure, and they can work with the manager. (although yet to be seen in English football) Scout's and scouting systems are great for clubs with a certain long-term plan in place, but to just get the best manager in the world, the best scout in the world, the best so-called PR man in the world with no long-term plan in place really show me the club don't know which direction to go in.

We've got a great training set-up in Cobham, and we can only thank Roman for that, but what are the long term plans? Really?

With no financial input Arseanl have shown we won't win much with kids all the way, but with the correct balance and long-term plan Manu are a shining example, but does any Chelsea manager have the grace of a long term plan when things are being organised around him, unlike they are at Manu?

Arsenal haven't stopped spending. They are always adding to their squad, it's just that they don't go for the really big names.

There's a huge difference between Arse and us, in terms of expectations. Jose said once (in a statement that was revealing and a dig at Wenger) that he'd love to be able to develop youngsters without having to win trophies. He never had that kind of freedom, and nor does BFS. We pretty much have to win every game and never write off any trophy that's winnable, as Wenger does. At the expense of which highly-paid international and in which low-pressure games should our manager be bringing in talented youngsters? Malouda, and Cluj at home when we've already qualified, I hear you say. Well, obviously, except the first team couldn't defend a 1-0 lead at Bordeaux, so the Cluj tie becomes the biggest game of the season. And to be fair to BFS, he did pick both Sinclair and Stoch ahead of Malouda at Bolton, only for him to play safe and leave them on the bench.

Or maybe there's not a youngster there that the manager thinks is ready and good enough! I want the youth to get a chance but only if the manager thinks it's for the good of the team. Not only can it cost the club points but it could ruin a youngster if they get played to early - Joel Kitamrike (no idea if that's how it's spelt), he was rated as the next JT then he had to play out in Isreal and it destroyed his confidence.