A round of standing ovation

octville
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Can I trouble everyone at the Shed End to stand up and give Claudio Raineri a standing ovation when he returns tonight?

The man deserves at least that as he didn't even get an opportunity to be appreciated properly.

His affable personality endeared him to us fans and I would have been very comfortable in the last few years for Chelsea to go under his tutelage if not for Mourinho. Despite a failed adventure at Valencia, Claudio has proven that he is able to compete against just about everyone except the Special One. ( Isn't it great that 2 of Chelsea ex-Gaffer are dominanting Serie A with the top pole positions?)

Maybe Chelsea should start a dual Gaffer system... Mourinho at the helm with raineri as co-manager ( not assistant manager).

I know that you will question the merit of this because of their different personality traits but I think both of them are not too dissimilar except that Raineri places much emphasis on 4-4-2 with great wing plays. Gronkjaer was not up to his crosses, but Joey, Damien Duff and Robben did gave us options.

Anyway, this is just more fantasy than reality with me. I just wish everyone would just welcome our Old Boys the way we did to Gianfranco Zola. They are the ones that made us feel, eat, sleep and belonging to Chelsea.