Jacob Mellis out on loan

Hey all, Saints fan here in peace.

We have just signed the above on loan, and through our ignorance know very little about him. I was just wondering if someone could give us a description of what he's like, where he plays etc?

Cheers!

UTS

Hey all, Saints fan here in peace.

We have just signed the above on loan, and through our ignorance know very little about him. I was just wondering if someone could give us a description of what he's like, where he plays etc?

Cheers!

UTS

a very attack minded, very energetic midfielder. hes similar to lampard really, likes to get in the box and score. he`ll do well at your level.

not as good though obviosuly.... :D hes played at full back before too, so hes pretty versatile. will he probably be first choice at your place then?

It depends. In midfield he may well take Wotton's place (who's cr@p but experienced), because I think Morgan Schneiderlin will be starting in the centre (got to see this kid, he's rather good!). I'm hoping he will come in to create a partnership with him. If he's versatile, all the better, but we have pretty decent fullbacks now.

He's been on the brinkg of making it onto the first tem at Chelsea a couple of times. Very good player and one that alot of people on here are holding out high hopes for. I'll be interested to see how he does at Southampton. Would be good if you (the Soton fan) would come back on here periodically and let us know how he's doing.

We had that before with Dave the Green who was keeping us updated on one of our youth team platers whow as on loan with his team...sorry head's fuzzy can't get names to come to mind. Thought it was Sinclair or Sahar on loan to some coastal town.

He's been on the brinkg of making it onto the first tem at Chelsea a couple of times. Very good player and one that alot of people on here are holding out high hopes for. I'll be interested to see how he does at Southampton. Would be good if you (the Soton fan) would come back on here periodically and let us know how he's doing.

We had that before with Dave the Green who was keeping us updated on one of our youth team platers whow as on loan with his team...sorry head's fuzzy can't get names to come to mind. Thought it was Sinclair or Sahar on loan to some coastal town.

I will come back and report for you. Got some real blinkered fans on our forum who don't think he'll be better than the youngsters on the edge of our squad. I'm trying to tell them that this guy is on the edge of arguably the best squad in the world. Football fans eh!

Archived