Travel question

clubhappy

Never did Ryanair to Gatwick before so im looking for help. We arrive @ Gatwick then train to Victoria etc . We have to get to Fulham broadway so i think it 2 or 3 changes , anyway , would we be better getting a taxi from Victoria station to F.Broadway ? or would that be slower and more expensive ?

Any advice ?

HIi mate,

There will be other local punters who will be better placed to tell you the quickest route in terms of changes however I would think your best bet from a cost perspective is to ensure the ticket you get at Gatwick also includes the tube section of your journey. Very unlikely that a taxi will be a cheaper option.

The Gatwick Express is pretty pricey, but leaves every 15 mins, and takes about 30 mins to Victoria. I don't know how much the normal train costs or how long the travel time is.

I've taken a taxi a few times from Victoria to the Bridge, that cost me a little under 10 pounds, and took about 15 mins, if I remember correctly. I don't know if number of travellers and suitcases played a part in the price (we had 3 adults and 3 bags).

Edited by Valerie

Its only 5 stops from Victoria to Fulham Broadway - at worst you may have to change at Earls court.

Another option is to get the train from Gatwick to Clapham Junction, then jump on the Overground - 1 stop to West Brompton - then 10 min walk (probably quicker and cheaper)

Unless you are flush - save your money on the cab and spend it on beer

Dont use a cab if it is getting near to KO - the traffic will be bad

Edited by bonetti