New fan and member

Guest d-vder

A big "Hi" to all Chelsea fans. Just moved over from the US to London. My 8-yr old son is soccer crazy (he's attended Chelsea soccer schools twice already) and chose (rightly, of course!) Chelsea to support, so we're a new Chelsea fan family, working our way towards season tickets......

My son and I attend most home games now, usually at the Shed End - the only place to be!

"Carefree, wherever we may be!"

D.

A big "Hi" to all Chelsea fans. Just moved over from the US to London. My 8-yr old son is soccer football crazy (he's attended Chelsea soccer football schools twice already) and chose (rightly, of course!) Chelsea to support, so we're a new Chelsea fan family, working our way towards season tickets......

My son and I attend most home games now, usually at the Shed End - the only place to be!

"Carefree, wherever we may be!"

D.

I corrected your spelling mistake :unsure: ^_^

A big welcome to the UK and the forum to your family, I can see your son has a bright future, his choice is impecable :lol:

I corrected your spelling mistake ^_^

A big welcome to the UK and the forum to your family, I can see your son has a bright future, his choice is impeccable :lol:

And I corrected yours, coco! :unsure:

Welcome d-vder! What part of the US did you come from? What brought you over here?

I corrected your spelling mistake

A big welcome to the UK and the forum to your family, I can see your son has a bright future, his choice is impecable :unsure:

Thanks - I'm liable to a few Americanisms... :lol:

And I corrected yours, coco! :unsure:

Welcome d-vder! What part of the US did you come from? What brought you over here?

Actually I was born over here in Arsenal territory, but have moved to the States some time ago (NYC and Orange County California). Son is a New Yorker in every way (attitude, etc.).

Had a chance to move here for work, better education for my son....and of course, the footie. Loving it here in London.

Actually I was born over here in Arsenal territory, but have moved to the States some time ago (NYC and Orange County California). Son is a New Yorker in every way (attitude, etc.).

Had a chance to move here for work, better education for my son....and of course, the footie. Loving it here in London.

Blimey (as they say in London, I believe) education must be really crap in the US!

Damn, I missed the corrections! However, I would still like to add to the pedantry.

It's the U.S. or U.S.A.

You did the same earlier, as well.

So did the man who comes from there! Henceforth my eyes will be skinned for opportunities to correct you, mon oeuf! :)

So did the man who comes from there! Henceforth my eyes will be skinned for opportunities to correct you, mon oeuf! :D

If it's a name shouldn't it start with a capital letter? :P

I'm now really feeling the pressure. I only got a C in English at GCSE! :)

Edit- Kalpit reminded me to say welcome.

So, welcome!

I know it was, I was just taking the piss... which I've never done before, honest. :)

Incidentally, I'm not little and have nothing to do with a ship's hull. :D

"Petit" in French often has nothing to do with size - it's more like "cute" or "sweet" - people will offer you "un petit whisky", like in Scotland we say "a wee dram" and the level in the glass is anything but petit/wee.

"Un oeuf à la coque" is a soft-boiled egg!

Take the piss? Toi? You are almost as unlikely to do that as moi is (or am?)

"Petit" in French often has nothing to do with size - it's more like "cute" or "sweet" - people will offer you "un petit whisky", like in Scotland we say "a wee dram" and the level in the glass is anything but petit/wee.

"Un oeuf à la coque" is a soft-boiled egg!

Take the piss? Toi? You are almost as unlikely to do that as moi is (or am?)

I knew about the soft boiled egg, I just also happen to know that coque also means hull, as in on a ship. It was an (admittedly rather weak) attempt at a play on words. However I actually wasn't aware of the other meanings for 'petit'. I shall bear this in mind, I'm sure it could come in useful... Probably not.

Archived