What has it come to?

BLUENUT

When TV companies or popular demand think the country would rather have a evening with stricly come dancing, X factor, Harry Hill and You've been framed rather than watch their national football team represent them in their national sport!!

These international breaks are hard enough, but to not even be able to watch the game is a travisty.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...cle6862462.ece#

What on earth has this country become? No doubt all the soppy birds, mums, nan's and henpecked dad's/husbands and saddo's who actually watch the sh*te, will be tuning in once the England world cup games begin in the summer.

Gaw'd help us!

it is a joke that. only 1 million allowed to watch it as well so the stream doesn't get bad

i'm sure you'll be able to pick it up on another stream - obviously that's not the point though

So rather than watch it in a pub with all my mates, I get the choice to watch it in someones bedroom. corner of their lounge or office/conservatory/garrage. This is the generation of widescreen TV, and we have to watch the national side on a grainy hit and miss internet stream, on a screen no much bigger than a small portable. It's a good job we qualified in the last game.

Looks like I'll be watching Harry Hill down the pub then.........a funny fella but I'm not sure if Capello rates him.

Guest d-vder
So rather than watch it in a pub with all my mates, I get the choice to watch it in someones bedroom.

Just make sure you have your mouse set up for left hand operation so you can scratch your balls at the same time.. :tumbleweed:

When TV companies or popular demand think the country would rather have a evening with stricly come dancing, X factor, Harry Hill and You've been framed rather than watch their national football team represent them in their national sport!!

These international breaks are hard enough, but to not even be able to watch the game is a travisty.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...cle6862462.ece#

What on earth has this country become? No doubt all the soppy birds, mums, nan's and henpecked dad's/husbands and saddo's who actually watch the sh*te, will be tuning in once the England world cup games begin in the summer.

Gaw'd help us!

I don't think it's got anything to do with popular demand. Surely the dire menu that is dished up day after day on TV is not there by popular choice? DIFY shows, cooking shows, buying a new house (but only if you're already pretty wealthy), buying antiques, letting people rummage in your house for antiques to sell (but again only if you're fairly wealthy) - what else is there on TV?

AS you so rightly say, Bluenut, Gawd help us all!

But, Darrth, what is it you think Bluenut will be doing in someone's bedroom that will cause him to want to scratch his own bluenuts? :tumbleweed:

Guest d-vder
But, Darrth, what is it you think Bluenut will be doing in someone's bedroom that will cause him to want to scratch his own bluenuts? :tumbleweed:

Er....watching a match?

Strange question. :)

I don't think it's got anything to do with popular demand. Surely the dire menu that is dished up day after day on TV is not there by popular choice? DIFY shows, cooking shows, buying a new house (but only if you're already pretty wealthy), buying antiques, letting people rummage in your house for antiques to sell (but again only if you're fairly wealthy) - what else is there on TV?

AS you so rightly say, Bluenut, Gawd help us all!

But, Darrth, what is it you think Bluenut will be doing in someone's bedroom that will cause him to want to scratch his own bluenuts? :lol:

Leave my nuts outta this one for a second ;)

The masses actually eat-up the bile that is classed as entertainment on a Saturday evening and the TV producers won't budge because they earn *TOO MUCH money from their phone-ins for them to bother with the national sport.

There same spoon fed morons who are not bothered about the games (cos we've qualified) between now and the finals will be the same idiots who claim to be die-hard patriots in the summer, cluttering up the pubs with their replica shirts and confusion with the player names, apart from Beckham, and the big names of course. Oh and when we do eventually get knocked out by the likes of Germany/Italy, they'll probably be the same ones going round smashing up BMW's or Fiats.

The reason the game is not on a purely financial from TV's point of view, (*mentioned above) which essentially is a sad reflection of todays culture. Sill at least everyone around the water cooler will be able to talk about the tooth-less fella who made a prick of himself on TV on Saturday, or the woman who was 2 sandwiches sort of a pic-nic could actually belt out a tune.

We'll keep all the football talk for the summer, when the England side become trendy again, and there is a band-wagon for the general public to jump on.

That said - I do like Harry Hill and Alisha Dixon has a filthy laugh ;)

Phone-ins 1 Football 0

It's absurd not to be able to watch the match on television in England, only in internet with streaming.

I'm completelly supportive of legal online streaming of matches, but as another option, not the only option.

And the irony of it is, here in Brazil this match will air on TV, on ESPN, and I intend to watch it.

Anyway, when ESPN is not broadcasting a Chelsea match live, the solution is internet, with those often horrible streams. So for that reason, given the option to pay to watch it legally and with quality, I think it's valid.

No wonder he didn't mind if no-one watched it.........he's just given the worst centre half display in an England shirt I've ever seen in my life.

If that was Lescott, there'd be calls for him never to play for England again!

The only positive to take from it is that the nonce is playing for ManU.... :P

Archived