Kids safety watching games

mdgbayly

Some friends of mine from Canada are coming to watch a Chelsea game when visiting UK in Dec (Chelsea vs Portsmouth). They have 2 young footy mad kids (8 and 10) and were wondering how safe it is watching games these days. They bought the tickets online from a general reseller so have no idea what section they're going to be in.

How many kids go to games these days? I'm assuming it's pretty safe and not like the bad old days in the 80s/90s.

Any comments?

Cheers

Martin

Yeah, I think you're all right. I had a ticket in the MHU today and I had two 10 year olds either side of me with their dads... didn't make for great banter or atmosphere but they were safe at least. Still, must remember to select the Shed end next time, dunno why I went for the MH.

I sit in the MHL between block 8 & 9 and have been taking Franco since he was three - he's now eight - I have never seen any trouble at a home game and he has sat with his dad behind the goal as well

I would steer away from the blocks directly behind the goal in th MHL as little ones find it hard to see as everyone stands for most of the game and the language is at its most vocal

Franco understands that we don't repeat what we hear at footie and changes the "naughty" words in songs so

Joe Cole's sounds like

" He's here he's there I'm not allowed to swear - Joey Cole Joey Cole"

The Carling and FA Cup games have a big proportion of Kids so it may be best if they go to something like that

Some friends of mine from Canada are coming to watch a Chelsea game when visiting UK in Dec (Chelsea vs Portsmouth). They have 2 young footy mad kids (8 and 10) and were wondering how safe it is watching games these days. They bought the tickets online from a general reseller so have no idea what section they're going to be in.

How many kids go to games these days? I'm assuming it's pretty safe and not like the bad old days in the 80s/90s.

Any comments?

Cheers

Martin

Kids nowdays don't know what going to a football match is! It's not the same, if you haven't been charged by a police horse on the way in, stood in an inch of piss at half time, and come out with pins and needles in your feet after sitting on one of those bars that went across terraces for a full 90 mins with your dad holding you in place. The surge of a goal and getting lost in a sea of knee-caps.

Your kids will be safe at the bridge, but like you say, it aint what it was. B)

Archived