Milan Lalkovic

And he recons he's a winger! Seems in a positional sense a bit like Theo Walcott when he was younger, good at going past people but ultimately too good in front of goal to be wasted out wide all the time.

Is that where he predominantly plays? Ive only seen him play a few times for the ressies and he seemed to be pushed forward more than a winger.

I've seen him a handful of times for the Ressies and he seems to be played as a striker! If he feels he's a winger, he certainly has the speed for one, so I'd rather see him play that wide right position that we seem desperate to fill

I watched the FA youth cup win against Arsenal where he scored that amazing goal. He played as a lone striker in that game but the commentator said that is not his usual position and he mostly plays as part of front three on the sides.

Interview with Milan from the official site:

YOUTH CUP: LALKOVIC LOVING LIFE

It has been a fantastic few weeks for 18-year-old forward Milan Lalkovic, and he is hoping to continue his good run at Stamford Bridge in the FA Youth Cup tonight.

The youngster scored both goals in the fourth round win over Arsenal, including a fleet-footed last-minute winner, before earning a first call-up to the Slovakian Under 21 squad, making his debut in Tuesday night's 3-1 defeat to France.

Now he refocuses on the Bridge as Barnsley are the latest visitors looking to end our defence of the silverware we lifted last season, and Lalkovic is in confident mood.

'I am enjoying it a lot at the moment, we're in the fifth round and playing again on Friday which is a big game and we're expecting another good crowd,' he told the official Chelsea website.

'Scoring two goals against Arsenal in the last round and playing well as a team, it was good and we think we can do it again this year. We have to be switched on against Barnsley but if we play as we can I think we will win again.

'It was an unbelievable feeling to score at Stamford Bridge like that, that's why players play football to have these feelings, and to score in the last minute against Arsenal was fantastic.

'My family were very proud of me, and the national Under 21 coach called me because of that performance so I was very happy.

'The France game was tough, we had a man sent off after 26 minutes and it was hard work afterwards. We lost 3-1 but it was a good experience for my first game, and the coach said I will be in his squad now, so I hope to be in the starting line-up every time I play.

'The step up was a bit like the youth team to reserve, it's a bit quicker and players are stronger and think quicker on the ball, so it's a big step up but I look forward to more of it.'

Before international honours come calling again though it is at club level Lalkovic will be hoping to turn heads, from his relatively new role in the central striking role having joined the club as a winger at Under 14 level.

'I like to play in the middle, and I am looking at strikers like Carlos Tevez and Fernando Torres to see how they play, they make fantastic runs and I am happy Torres came here because I can learn from him a lot, so I like to play as the number 9. I don't mind playing on the left or right but I really enjoy playing in the middle.'

LINK

• 3 months later...

Thought this thread would have hamburg in it... what a relief.

Now this one would really have pissed me off if he had been targeted by Arnesen, Lalkovic looks an extraordinary talent to me. A loan now is good timing.