Marco Van Basten

BrewCrew

I know there will be lots of names thrown around but Van Basten's name has been in a lot of papers in the last week. I have seen articles about how Roman wants him, about how Van Basten said that "Chelsea can't play attacking football, the system is wrong," and that he has a lot of comments about Fernando Torres. (Was unimpressed in the way he was used)

I personally think this would be a good choice to consider. He did well with Ajax and with the Dutch national team. He is younger guy who can motivate a younger squad, which we will be going towards. He loves to play attacking football, which is something that I think we have lacked this year. He also may be able to get young talent to come here, especially from the Dutch. (Van Der Wiel)

I really dont like articles like this and the Lippi one above, and thats not a dig aimed at the people writing them. I just dont feel comfortable seeing fans of a club talking about who the next manager will be while the current one is still here and has a job to do, especially after winning a double the season before.

No. He didn't do all that well in managing, his strong side being to alienate players. He would do well to start in a lower league, get more experience. A terrific player doesn't automatically make a terrific manager, despite drinking in the same pub as I do (years ago anyway).

I personally think this would be a good choice to consider. He did well with Ajax and with the Dutch national team. He is younger guy who can motivate a younger squad, which we will be going towards. He loves to play attacking football, which is something that I think we have lacked this year. He also may be able to get young talent to come here, especially from the Dutch. (Van Der Wiel)

Not sure whether you followed him during his time at Ajax but he was there for just one season and left the club in a trophyless season. Clearly he wilted under the pressure of managing a club like Ajax, not sure how'd he go about handling the pressure of managing us after the likes of Jose and Carlo who bought immediate success.

Marco Van Basten is my choice. Brings aggressive attacking football, passing mentality and I love what he did in the world cup with Holland. If not him then I would like Rijkaard.

Yes we've got Kalou who should execute it to perfection !!