Really excited about next 2 weeks of football

Myles_91

It's always good to put one over the Spammers and Spuds and over the next two weeks we've got a big chance to do that and secure a top 4 place and start even looking up the table towards United if results go our way. I'm confident we can beat Birmingham, they are a tough team to beat but IMO they won't can't be as lucky as they were in the last two league games at St.Andrews so providing we keep up the good work we can beat them.

Spammers will be a big game, and it is the one I am least optimistic about (that could change to Spurs depending on Parker fitness). We seem to find it harder to play against teams that play 4-4-2 as Sunderland and Liverpool showed (although Liverpool started 3-5-2). We can beat them but there is always that Bridge factor as well and I just cannot see West Ham losing to both us and City. Stamford Bridge and Chelsea Away is the biggest occasion for the Pikeys, their equivalent of a Champions League Final so we cannot rest on our laurels, JT and Lamps will rise to the occasion and don't need any excuse vs Spammers.

If we can beat the Spammers, that's another nail in the coffin for their relegation and it will give Wolves, Blackpool, Wigan and the leading pack a chance to pull away as well as consolidating our strong position in the table.

As for Spuds I've been to WHL for the last 2 seasons running and both were heartache. It pains me to admit it but the days where we could go there and be certain to win are now over. I would never have been able to forgive Carlo if he had lost the league that year after the 2-1, they ripped us to shreds and we could conceivably have lost 8-1 were it not for their profligacy in front of goal. We have a proud record of 21 years undefeated against them at the Bridge and that has to continue. The likelihood is they will beat Arsenal on Wednesday and beat WBA this coming Saturday so confidence will be high. I think I speak for everyone here in that defeat to them isn't even worth contemplating. We need to win convincingly and I want to see Spuds in tears at the final whistle and G*llas with his head hung low realising their CL hopes are all but shattered if City beat the Spammers the following day.

Over the next two weeks there are some cracking games:

Tottenham vs Arsenal - Weds

Chelsea vs West Ham - Sat

Chelsea vs Tottenham - 30/04/11

Arsenal vs Man Utd - 1/05/11

And then of course City and West Ham. We need to help City out as much as we can as we all know how useless they can be, they let us down all 4 times last year when we needed them to beat Spuds and Manure.

COYB! ::ChELSeAFaN::

Edited by Myles_91

I'd rather spurs in the champions league than city just because if they make there spending power is so immense that they could be a real threat next year. Spurs on the other hand don't have as much spending power therefore won't be contenders for the title.

I am sure some will think that's wrong because its spurs

Im scared...im scared im gonna piss my pants with excitement at the thought i will be at the whu match..n myself ..chelsea my daughter. n ..sam my son will blitz the so bar....i wont want to go back to westcliff on sea after the whu match n then come back for the spuds match....i feel i wanna just sit n booze in the SO for the whole week....this reaction is coz i havent been able to go to a match since man city away

I'd rather spurs in the champions league than city just because if they make there spending power is so immense that they could be a real threat next year. Spurs on the other hand don't have as much spending power therefore won't be contenders for the title.

I am sure some will think that's wrong because its spurs

I completely understand where you are coming from but the reality is City will get there sooner or later. City won't be used to playing Champions League football, like Spurs this season they may find it difficult to compete in Europe and be strong in the league, meaning that hopefully this will lessen their title chances next season which is beneficial to us. I'm already worried Liverpool might challenge for the league as it is, the last thing we need is City mounting a serious title challenge. IMO next season may be the last for this squad (and Carlo if he's still there) to win the league and we cannot pass up the opportunity to get the title back.

I also can't stand the Spud love fest going on in the media and this idea that their battle for 4th with City is some kind of David vs Goliath battle, for years they have outspent City and all of a sudden when City outspend them for a few windows running they want to moan and cry about it. My worry is that with Spuds embarrassing us in Europe as they have done we risk our UEFA coefficient being lowered in the longer term meaning only the top 3 clubs qualify, there is no way Spuds will get out of their group next year and be able to compete, City would get to the Last 16 at the very least which would keep our ranking up.

City fans in general also aren't complete t**ts like Spurs fans and deserve some kind of success

If City were to make it to the CL I expect another round of mass exodus with players like Bellamy, Jo, Petrov, Given, Santa Cruz and Adebayor being put up for sale. If they don't make it to CL I expect Mancini to get the sack and the new manager may have a new approach. If they do make it to the CL they would now have the money and the ambition of CL to attract players that could be our prime targets. So its a double edged sword for us whether City make it or Spurs.

Citeh's spending power will remain the same if they make CL, but would the top players suddenly want to be there with one successful season under their belt? It is still a cluster f*(k of players with no centralized ambition and with no Tevez next year as well. How many great players will they get in the end? I could be way off, but Spurs with 'Arry and Bale make me more nervous then Citeh.

Citeh's spending power will remain the same if they make CL, but would the top players suddenly want to be there with one successful season under their belt? It is still a cluster f*(k of players with no centralized ambition and with no Tevez next year as well. How many great players will they get in the end? I could be way off, but Spurs with 'Arry and Bale make me more nervous then Citeh.

I agree, I think the whole City project will collapse at some point. Unlike with us, there is no clear idea or ambition for the club. I can't exactly see David Villa, Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo or someone of their calibre turning round and saying "Hey, I want to leave Barca/Real to go to City". They will never have as good a scout as we had in de Visser so they will need to rummage through the likes of Spurs, Villa, Bayern Munich, Hamburg etc. There is no market in Spain and the likes of us, United, Arsenal and Liverpool won't sell to them as they are competitors.

For all the money they've spent, City haven't actually signed any world class players (except Tevez), merely just talented diamond in the rough players that were unsettled at their former clubs. Tevez has scored 40% of all their goals, as you rightly say that will be a huge loss and you have to wonder what impact that will have on them.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see City get 4th this season and be pipped to it by Spuds or Liverpool the next,

I loathe Spurs but the one thing they have to their credit is a team ethic and togetherness,. G*llas and Van Der Vaart aside there are no real egotistical pr**ks in that team, and that is something money can't buy.

City are certainly a future rival but for the time being they're the lesser of two evils. Their fans are sadly mistaken if they think CL qualification is the golden ticket to greatness, sort of comparing themselves to us. They forget however that we were no strangers to the CL pre Abramovich and have a certain pedigree in that competition which pre-dates our latest owner. They however are coming from mid-table mediocrity and have a lot to prove to the European superpowers before they can consistently attract the world class talents they're hoping for and be considered a rival to the likes of Real, Barca, both sides of Milan and whoever else. If they qualify and are humiliated in the first round their efforts this season will have been for naught.

The media love affair with Spurs however can no longer be tolerated and I hope City brushes them aside in the race for 4th with a helping hand from us along the way. I also lend them my support in the FA cup just so the Mancs have to live with the fact they they blew the chance to keep City away from a trophy for another year (I even feel sorry for them at this point).

As far as the title goes, I think we're still in for an outside chance of usurping United - stranger things have happened. Failing that miracle however, 2nd place is likely where we'll end up which is hardly a catastrophe considering the season we've endured. We are very lucky not to be in deep concern over our top 4 position, all things considered. ::ChElSeaFLag::

Exciting discussion ! As others pointed out , The only worry for me will be if city can make it to CL , they will be able to attract more top class players and it will come to haunt us ... But Tevez is something sort of a demi-god to them and if they were to lose tevex next season they do not have a proven premier league and world class player and surely struggle.

.............................................some stuff......................................... My worry is that with Spuds embarrassing us in Europe as they have done ...................................some other stuff

Exactly HOW have Spuds embarrassed us in Europe?

Other than that, some fair-ish points