Abramovich

Carefree94

Is anyone growing tired of how Roman is running chelsea? I understand that it is mostly all his money in the club. But he must realise that you cant have consistent success. I feel quite bad for the 6 managers who have been sacked, especially Carlo. Wouldnt everyone prefer the club to be run with decency and to get a bit of continuity going. Its is clear that man u have had so much success because they stuck with their manager. Im not saying we shud be like utd but this endless sacking and wasting of money on players past the prime (shevchenko, pizzaro, ballack etc) should stop.

Is anyone growing tired of how Roman is running chelsea? I understand that it is mostly all his money in the club. But he must realise that you cant have consistent success. I feel quite bad for the 6 managers who have been sacked, especially Carlo. Wouldnt everyone prefer the club to be run with decency and to get a bit of continuity going. Its is clear that man u have had so much success because they stuck with their manager. Im not saying we shud be like utd but this endless sacking and wasting of money on players past the prime (shevchenko, pizzaro, ballack etc) should stop.

Ferguson was the right man for ManU, so was Wenger for Arsenal (well they seem to think so anyway), Moyes for Everton etc.

Maybe we have yet to find our man.

And looking at the managers we've had I can only see one sacking that was perhaps bad.

Ranieri was not good enough.

Mourinho seemed to have got in trouble with the board and the owner so the situation didn't hold. He had to leave I think (though nobody can know for sure what happened).

Scolari? The mere thought of him makes me feel sick. No way he could stay.

Carlo won the double and did really well. This season was worse. Could he have gotten another chance? Maybe. But I'm not sure he would have done much better. He seemed to have lost something in our last season. I still like him though.

As for Hiddink and Grant, I see them as interim managers who were not supposed to stay. Hiddink was never going to stay and Grant was simply not a man who would lead the team.

Yes, we have had a lot of managers since Roman came, but I still can't be too angry over them leaving.

I've said it before. When/if we find a manager who is right for us I believe he will get to stay even after a season without a trophy. Roman hungers after the CL trophy (the rest of us think of the tournament as a joke), but I don't think he will sack every manager who can't hand him the trophy immediately.

As long as the manager feels right and we're doing fine, he will get support.

Ferguson was the right man for ManU, so was Wenger for Arsenal (well they seem to think so anyway), Moyes for Everton etc.

Maybe we have yet to find our man.

And looking at the managers we've had I can only see one sacking that was perhaps bad.

Ranieri was not good enough.

Mourinho seemed to have got in trouble with the board and the owner so the situation didn't hold. He had to leave I think (though nobody can know for sure what happened).

Scolari? The mere thought of him makes me feel sick. No way he could stay.

Carlo won the double and did really well. This season was worse. Could he have gotten another chance? Maybe. But I'm not sure he would have done much better. He seemed to have lost something in our last season. I still like him though.

As for Hiddink and Grant, I see them as interim managers who were not supposed to stay. Hiddink was never going to stay and Grant was simply not a man who would lead the team.

Yes, we have had a lot of managers since Roman came, but I still can't be too angry over them leaving.

I've said it before. When/if we find a manager who is right for us I believe he will get to stay even after a season without a trophy. Roman hungers after the CL trophy (the rest of us think of the tournament as a joke), but I don't think he will sack every manager who can't hand him the trophy immediately.

As long as the manager feels right and we're doing fine, he will get support.

[/quot

Yeh I agree with you on the sackings. Mourinho brought the club too much bad press. Mark hughes, ex chelsea, you think he could fulfill the role. I really dont see a foreigner staying with chelsea for more than 3 years even if they were successful.

I agree with you on the sackings. Mourinho brought the club too much bad press. Mark hughes, ex chelsea, you think he could fulfill the role. I really dont see a foreigner staying with chelsea for more than 3 years even if they were successful.

In a word yes.

The big probem is that the priorities are all wrong, the Champs League has been the one he has wanted to win since day 1. Wrong.

All great football clubs are built through being dominant in the League. Look at United under Fergie, didnt win the CL till his 13th year in charge and 6 years after their first league win.

Barca as great as a club as they are did not win their first till 1992, thats a long time to wait for a club of their stature.

Romans attitude has been Champs league from day 1 and that imo is where the problem lies, league dominance is how you build your club.

I'm not that excited about who he brings in cos at the end of the day whoever it is wont be in the job in 3 years time (win or lose) so why bother getting excited?

At the end of the day Chelsea has become a billionaires plaything.

I agree with you on the sackings. Mourinho brought the club too much bad press. Mark hughes, ex chelsea, you think he could fulfill the role. I really dont see a foreigner staying with chelsea for more than 3 years even if they were successful.

We need someone like Walter Smith or Martin O'Neil, a proper British manager who knows his onions.

However they wont be "sexy" enough names for our billionaire owner and the jonny come latelys.

Continuity is something we all would prefer I'm sure. But this is modern football and it rarely happens, Fergerson distorts that view in this country but he and to a certain extent Wenger are very much the exception to the rule.

Simple fact is we have won 3 of the last 6 league titles and 3 of the last 6 fa cups and reached the knockout stages of the champione league 8 times in a row. Things arent too bad, we are doing something right and we are some of the luckiest fans in the world, let's not forget that we are where we are because of Roman.

Oh and 2 of the 3 players you mentioned didn't cost us a penny!

Yeh spot on mate. I wud like to see chelsea win the CL but the league is way more important. Unfortunately football is that way now. The owners couldnt give a toss about the fans or the club, they just want trophies. Then they will just leave when they are tired of the club. A british owner could change the way things are now

Yeh spot on mate. I wud like to see chelsea win the CL but the league is way more important. Unfortunately football is that way now. The owners couldnt give a toss about the fans or the club, they just want trophies. Then they will just leave when they are tired of the club. A british owner could change the way things are now

Agree with you 100%.

The big, major problem is that Roman is not a football person.

Neither are the Glazers or was Martin Edwards but they let the gaffer do his job.

If you got Walter Smith in at Chelsea with free reign to wheel and deal we would go places without paying silly money for overrated players. FFS he got Rangers a draw at Old Trafford with f**k all money!

Yeah, still lets not take for granted the recent sucess. The way football is going I dont think its ever going to return to the way it was without salary and transfer fee caps. Bjd shevva was 30 million pound thats hardly a bargain!

British owner would probably care more about the club since its their own country just like a british manager would have more passion in managing a british club. Would you were owner, wouldnt you look out for the club's best interests?

Yeah, still lets not take for granted the recent sucess. The way football is going I dont think its ever going to return to the way it was without salary and transfer fee caps. Bjd shevva was 30 million pound thats hardly a bargain!

I'm not taking anything for granted mate trust me. I know we were days away from doing a Leeds in 2003 its just very frustrating to think we would be in a much better position if our owner took a hands off approach and TRUSTED his football people.

What pisses me off is that we are as dependent on RA today as the day he bought us, where are the youth team players? Is there anyone at SW6 whos been there longer than 5 minutes?

Even when Matt Busby and Sir Booby Charlton had long since stopped playing and managing they had ambassadorial roles for United, its sensible because its like a nice bit of continuity and stability which we dont and seemingly never have.

If he ever pulls out of Chelsea we are absolutely f**ked imo. We will have burned so many bridges it will be unbelievable.

Could you provide us with your definition of "football person"?

Thought its pretty self explanatory, people like Butch Wilkins, Jose.

Fellas who have played and managed at the highest level for years/decades and know the game inside and out.

If Abramovich leaves we will be alright. We will be bought but may not have as much spending power.

Maybe you are right mate but 8 years on I worry.

I want us to be like Barca, they aint dependent on no-one, its their system that runs that club, their way of bringing up youth players and playing football.

I only worry cos I care about Chelsea and want us to get to the level of Real Madrid, United, Barca etc.

Edit - my final point, dont get me wrong I am VERY grateful for everything Roman has done, 100%, I just would like to see him have TRUST. You dont have to be a megalomaniac owner to run a successful club, in fact during their glory years the coupon family took a very hands off approach at Liverpool and let the boot room do the talking. Ditto United.

Edited by Benches

British owner would probably care more about the club since its their own country just like a british manager would have more passion in managing a british club. Would you were owner, wouldnt you look out for the club's best interests?

So, in effect, you're a corporate nationalist.

What do you feel are "the club's best interests"?

Edited by youlots

Are you saying Roman doesn't look out for our best interests? Hmmm....

Things would be very different very quickly if he sold up and left, let me tell you. We are lucky to have him, and moaning about him makes you sound a little spoilt and perhaps ungrateful too! You said your tired of how he runs the club, but I bet you didn't say that on 31 Jan when he spent £75 million in one day.

The stuff about a British manager or British owner caring more I'm afraid I just can't agree with either, what are your reasons and justifications for saying that?

Seriously beating a dead horse over hurt feelings.

Roman doesn't have the best interests of the club in mind? Please. The guy is as big as fan as any of us, you just have to see him attending the games to know that. He goes to the youth team games FFS.

His Chelsea project has cost him close to half a billion, thats pretty dedicated if you ask me. He probably wasn't a Chelsea fan growing up, but he sure as hell loves this club now.

None of us can know what his long term plans are. But he's managed to keep us in the top 3 teams in the world according to UEFA so far, and I feel lucky to have him as an owner. We could have the Glazers bleeding money out or Tom Hicks bankrupting us. Carlo was sacked, get over it, move on.