Hickeys Coach

brokerboy

Blimey Hickey's coach ! .. I only went a few times, I was bit young,  was 12 in 1980 !! but fond memories....

Wasn't for the faint hearted, could you imagine that today ! I couldnt repeat 90% of it on this forum I would be banned.

Blimey Hickey's coach ! .. I only went a few times, I was bit young,  was 12 in 1980 !! but fond memories....

Wasn't for the faint hearted, could you imagine that today ! I couldnt repeat 90% of it on this forum I would be banned.

when hickeys coach comes over the hill, with 50 geezers ready to kill la la la la  la la la la

Only went twice on Hicky's coach as i went more with the Battersea lot,once to Hull on a thursday night for the banned game and to Exeter for a pre-season friendly both ended in a riot,he was at my wedding reception though,in a pub in Battersea with about 100 of chelsea's finest.

Only went twice on Hicky's coach as i went more with the Battersea lot,once to Hull on a thursday night for the banned game and to Exeter for a pre-season friendly both ended in a riot,he was at my wedding reception though,in a pub in Battersea with about 100 of chelsea's finest.

you come from battersea ? you probably know my cousin grant ? and the two brothers ernie and perry ?

Went on a coach from Battersea(i think) to Walsall in the league cup in 84.Thinking of getting the train up without a ticket for the match and this fella offered me a match ticket if i travelled up on his coach, obviously looking for a few more bums on seats. Bit of a mad lot. Remember some of them going in their end and mentioning someone called "mad ox" had been nicked. Stopped off at a pub in Coventry on the way back and the landlord looked terrified as people piled in. "This isnt a coach party is it lads" he said. "No mate - two cars" came the reply as the 45th geezer came through the door.

There was a time when you couldn't find a coach firm in West London willing to take Chelsea fans, and going by some of the things I've seen, you honestly couldn't blame them. To get round this coaches would be booked as Union Outings or even School Trips, but for obvious reasons Union Outings were the more plausible.

Not that it took the coach firms too long to catch on.

Me too, could write a book on some of the things I saw him do.  His comments at times were priceless too.  Saw some photos of him at Napoli last season.

Another old face Danny Arkins turned 65 this week btw.

Harkins BTW  does anyone rember these few of sallywags   cox ,myers, babs, mick the brick crawley, webby, plumy, schiz, black pete

I often wonder , with all the old faces that type on these boards, who one would recognise or not after 40 years+.....We see mostly avatars....We see nicknames.....i bet if everyone had apic on site it would be great to go ....."oh him.......gt5....that was Dave from 68..i remember you at........ :laugh2:

I used GREENAWAYS trains when not on the old supporters club coaches, with sporadics on hickeys coach and maybe twice on Harkins

Knew mickey very well , i used to make him chuckle when i used to sing this song to him 

The shed went mad the northstand rose here mickey greenaway with hes staircase nose

used to drink in the wheatsheaf , blackbull , rose and a few other pubs in the 70s

Knew Micky well in his latter days,used to stay at my house quite a bit,once save his life on a trip to magaluf.Few of us threw him in the pool not realising that he coundnt swim and had to dive in to get him out.travelled quite a bit with him to England and Chelsea games early 80's.Can't say i knew the two brothers you mentioned but knew the ox pretty well.

59179583.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Knew Micky well in his latter days,used to stay at my house quite a bit,once save his life on a trip to magaluf.Few of us threw him in the pool not realising that he coundnt swim and had to dive in to get him out.travelled quite a bit with him to England and Chelsea games early 80's.Can't say i knew the two brothers you mentioned but knew the ox pretty well.

59179583.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good Old Mick didn't have to pay for a train ticket when he work in my local ticket office

Archived