Your Favourite..... (Premier League Era)

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I thought this would be an interesting thread to make, one where we list our favourite of each of these (Premier League era only)

Favourite Player: Zola, he was the main reason I started watching Chelsea regularly, before him I only watched the odd match but after seeing him play fir the first time I was looked on watching games regularly. He was just a magician, doing things I'd never seen before.

Favourite Moment: Gotta be winning the European Cup in 2012, there has of course been unbelievably thrilling monents before that i.e. The FA Cup win in 97, the League title in 2005 etc but because of our journey to win the big one and the way we did it, its just an untouchable moment. One and only time I've ever cried watching football.

Favourite Game: Chelsea 2 Arsenal 1 - Premier League 07-08 Season, I have mentioned this before but this game was just so special to me. I can't quite put my finger on why but it was (in my opinion) the best game between us and my most hated team. I watched it at my old house in the front room with my Liverpool mate. Going 1-0 down to Sagna's header I overreacted threw my jacket on the ground screaming "why can't we beat Arsenal" (even though they only had 1 victory over us in the past three seasons, I think my pre-Abramovich years were flooding back to haunt me). It was so thrilling then when Drogba equalised and then when he grabbed the winner I lost it. I really think my mindset that day was if we didn't win it would be the end of the world but of course we did. Such great memories and one I remember so vividly.

Favourite Trophy win: (I'm not including European Cup as I posted it above under moment)

FA Cup Final 1997/Premier League 09/10 - it's hard for me to choose between these two:

- The FA Cup Final win in 97 was so unexpected (not in the actual final itself but prior to that) I couldn't believe when we won it. When Di Matteo's goal flew in I jumped out of my chair, the feeling was wonderful and when we lifted the trophy at the end I just remember been ecstatic. The FA Cup seemed to mean more then to. Its funny because after the first goal the rest if the game has always been a blur but I'll never forget the feeling.

- Winning the Premier League in 2010 was an incredible experience, unlike the two previous title wins this one went right to the wire and after been in this situation before (07-08) it felt like sweet revenge. Not only did we break the goal scoring record and do the double over our three rivals but I think this was the one that we got the most respect from opposing fans. My favourite title win for sure and the fact we made it a double was even sweeter.

Favourite manager: i love Jose and I would not trade him for anyone but Vialli was my guy, he was in charge in my favourite era as a Chelsea fan. Although there was Guillit before him (who I also loved) Vialli won me over very quickly when we beat Arsenal in the League Cup and when the Cup Winners Cup followed later it was cemented. I just felt the football was excellent under him, coming close to the title in 99, winning the FA Cup in 2000 and the Community Shield. My heart was broken when he was sacked and its why I never took to Ranieri really. That was my Chelsea and forever will be.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

First off i know i'm the forum grump and i'll try and rein in the sneering. Obviously you can only follow Chelsea from the era you were born in and the average poster on the whole forum is i would guess as being in there mid 20s. There's a smattering of us old oldies but it's mainly a youngish person's forum. And there for me is the problem it's almost and believe it or not i'm not having a go as if there's the belief that English football was invented in 1992. That everything that preceded it was a sort of inferior version. You here things like he's the leading goalscorer in Premiership football as if everything else has been scrubbed from football history. Football had it's problems in the 70s and 80s and Chelsea as a club lurched from one financial crisis to another and things were pretty bad on and off the field. But when things were going well it was brilliant and i wouldn't swap it for anything. Anyway another of the lecture and for what it's worth nothing for going completely Honey Nut Loops after a goal will beat Wayne Bridge's goal at Highbury.

First off i know i'm the forum grump and i'll try and rein in the sneering. Obviously you can only follow Chelsea from the era you were born in and the average poster on the whole forum is i would guess as being in there mid 20s. There's a smattering of us old oldies but it's mainly a youngish person's forum. And there for me is the problem it's almost and believe it or not i'm not having a go as if there's the belief that English football was invented in 1992. That everything that preceded it was a sort of inferior version. You here things like he's the leading goalscorer in Premiership football as if everything else has been scrubbed from football history. Football had it's problems in the 70s and 80s and Chelsea as a club lurched from one financial crisis to another and things were pretty bad on and off the field. But when things were going well it was brilliant and i wouldn't swap it for anything. Anyway another of the lecture and for what it's worth nothing for going completely Honey Nut Loops after a goal will beat Wayne Bridge's goal at Highbury.

Tbh the only reason I say Premier League era is because I think it's good to have a shorter jumping off point.