Formerly known as Tommy Docherty

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just to avoid any possible confusion. Yes it's me, my previous username here was Tommy Docherty.

So why did I change it? I'd been thinking about it for a while; when I originally registered as Tommy Docherty, it was intended to be a spoof account. My first post was a mild dig at Dave Sexton, with adopted Tommy Dochertyesque Scottish accent to match.

The joke wore thin, I've long since stopped typing in a Scottish accent, and the time for a change is well overdue.

Next up, why Big Figure? Largely because I've been into Dr Feelgood for decades; i've still got a few of their old albums on vinyl - in fact, I've just bought a new copy of "Be Seeing You", having discovered that my old original is well knackered.

And for those of you who don't know, Big Figure just happens to be the name of the drummer in Dr Feelgood. For those of you who DO know, Big FIgure is still the name of the drummer in Dr Feelgood.

On top of all that, I've always had this weird, nagging feeling that I'd have loved to have been a drummer. So Big Figure it was. Or even is.

And the inspiration for my custom info, above the Dr Feelgood "Mad Medic" avatar comes a  song from the Malpractice album:

I haven't, in fact I didn't even know there was a Daltrey /Wilko album. Thanks for mentioning it though, I've just this minute ordered a copy from Amazon.

I can imagine Daltrey doing Sneaking Suspicion in particular, but I'm going to resist the tempation to hit YouTube for a sneak preview.

Just to avoid any possible confusion. Yes it's me, my previous username here was Tommy Docherty.

So why did I change it? I'd been thinking about it for a while; when I originally registered as Tommy Docherty, it was intended to be a spoof account. My first post was a mild dig at Dave Sexton, with adopted Tommy Dochertyesque Scottish accent to match.

The joke wore thin, I've long since stopped typing in a Scottish accent, and the time for a change is well overdue.

Next up, why Big Figure? Largely because I've been into Dr Feelgood for decades; i've still got a few of their old albums on vinyl - in fact, I've just bought a new copy of "Be Seeing You", having discovered that my old original is well knackered.

And for those of you who don't know, Big Figure just happens to be the name of the drummer in Dr Feelgood. For those of you who DO know, Big FIgure is still the name of the drummer in Dr Feelgood.

On top of all that, I've always had this weird, nagging feeling that I'd have loved to have been a drummer. So Big Figure it was. Or even is.

And the inspiration for my custom info, above the Dr Feelgood "Mad Medic" avatar comes a  song from the Malpractice album:

I saw Dr Feelgood at the Ealing Blues festival last year, i didnt think any original members were still around? But a band playing their songs under their name was touring.

They were good though, i'd highly reccomend the Ealing Blues festival if you've never been, only a £5 to get in, two small stages, beer tents though we always go armed with our our booze, its a great day out & outside there's also plenty of activities for kids as well.

Coincidentally, I was telling someone not so long ago that one of my biggest regrets is that I never managed to get to see more live  bands. I won't be able to get to Ealing either, unfortunately.

I didn't know that Dr Feelgood were still touring either, I'd assumed they'd simply broken up. You're right about there being none of the original band members, the current band (according to Wikipedia) is as follows:

Current members
  • Kevin Morris (b. Kevin John Morris, London, 15 May 1955) – drums (March 1983 – present)
  • P H (Phil) Mitchell (b. Philip Henry Mitchell, London, 19 March 1953) – bass (March 1983-March 1991, May 1995-present)
  • Steve Walwyn (b. Stephen Martin Walwyn, Southam, Warks. 8 June 1956) – lead guitar (June 1989 – present)
  • Robert Kane (b. 6 December 1954) – vocals (1999–present)

Somehow I don't think I'll be changing my username to Kevin Morris any time soon.