Football arrests

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Courtesy of the FSF

"You saw the good news reported all over the media that football arrests during 2013/14 had dropped by 7% and represented the lowest total on record, right? Of course you didn’t – because it was largely ignored! If there's a slight rise in arrest stats the phone goes mad with calls from journalists but this year not a peep. Good news is no news?"

Dunno about you guys but I havent seen much trouble in years - last one was a bit of scufflin with the Pikey boys outside the main entrance a couple of seasons ago - didnt get involved natch - too old for that, but someone kicked my mate up the arse 'in passing' - gave me a laugh

Prior to that was the pre-arranged invite only battle with spuds on parsons green - must be 4/5 years ago

Think Bluebeard needs to start going to matches again!

You should see some of the violence at football (American) games. A guy was thrown off the stands in one game.

This old Stadium were the Philadelphia Eagles played actually had a jail in the bowels of the Stadium. People would get arrested, arraigned, and locked up for we'll being lowly Eagles fans. Guess with a nickname like Filthydelphia one shouldn't expect too much. I remember reading some drunk college kid at the Phillies (baseball team) stuck his finger down his throat on purpose to vomit all over the guy sitting in front of him. Turned out the guy was an off duty cop and basically arrested the idiot on the spot. Unruly bunch those Philadelphia fans.

This old Stadium were the Philadelphia Eagles played actually had a jail in the bowels of the Stadium. People would get arrested, arraigned, and locked up for we'll being lowly Eagles fans. Guess with a nickname like Filthydelphia one shouldn't expect too much. I remember reading some drunk college kid at the Phillies (baseball team) stuck his finger down his throat on purpose to vomit all over the guy sitting in front of him. Turned out the guy was an off duty cop and basically arrested the idiot on the spot. Unruly bunch those Philadelphia fans.

Haha, many American stadiums still have small jails for the unruly drunks at the game. The LA Dodgers (baseball again) has a drunk tank for people who are either too drunk or for people who try to sneak alcohol into the games. They are then forced to sit in the jail until the game is over and pay a small fine.

Haha, many American stadiums still have small jails for the unruly drunks at the game. The LA Dodgers (baseball again) has a drunk tank for people who are either too drunk or for people who try to sneak alcohol into the games. They are then forced to sit in the jail until the game is over and pay a small fine.

At my local club those taken into custody by the local plod used to get forceably removed up the players entrance before taken in a van and dumped on the moors. If they were lucky they might still have their boots on.

Are they run by actual police? If not, surely that's illegal to hold someone against their will.