LAMPS IS GOING NOWHERE

The Brit
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I believe Lamps has a contract with The Sun... Which means they get dibs on exclusive interviews etc.

Wonderful news Franky boy - exactly what we needed to hear with the season's run in.

Frank's a true blue frank.gif

because when they write that he's leaving, he's not quoted saying that...here we have him passionately stating the opposite and the paper is just running his quotes...even they couldn't twist those to make it sound like he's doing anything else but staying at chelsea...also I was watching chelsea tv on friday night and neil barnett said that lamps had told him to specifically tell us that he is going nowhere

because when they write that he's leaving, he's not quoted saying that...here we have him passionately stating the opposite and the paper is just running his quotes...even they couldn't twist those to make it sound like he's doing anything else but staying at chelsea...also I was watching chelsea tv on friday night and neil barnett said that lamps had told him to specifically tell us that he is going nowhere

Good enough for me. Now we just need Terry to come out and say it (not for us, but for the papers) then they can shut up about it and find some new story to write about us.

Good enough for me. Now we just need Terry to come out and say it (not for us, but for the papers) then they can shut up about it and find some new story to write about us.

Talking of which, I see Matt Hughes of the Times has decided to go on PlayStation rather than do his job properly, if his piece today is anything to go by...

"Three young boys whose had presumably had presumably paid a small fortune for the privilege spent the entire second half with their backs to the action, preferring to play on the PlayStations bizarrely installed at the bottom of the East Stand, summing up the mood of a soporific afternoon.

Roman Abramovich, the owner, was again absent, but he did not miss much. It would be churlish to criticise Chelsea for a resounding victory, but this was not the stylish sort of performance to make Abramovich fall back in love with the game. As is Mourinho?s way, Chelsea did enough to win without ever really exerting themselves, their football functional rather than thrilling.

The sense of anticlimax sweeping around Stamford Bridge could also be explained by the fact that the outcome was as academic as it was predictable, Manchester United having already beaten Bolton Wanderers in the early kick-off. Chelsea have not yet given up hope of overturning United?s six-point lead, but with just eight matches left, even Frank Lampard?s defiance on Saturday contained an air of resignation. ?All you can do is keep winning,? Lampard, who has expressed a desire to stay at Stamford Bridge despite uncertainty over his contract, said. ?If they keep winning, then credit to them.?

United will expect to beat Blackburn Rovers at home in a fortnight. Their most difficult game is likely to be the trip to Portsmouth on April 7 as it is sandwiched between the Champions League quarter-final ties with AS Roma. Chelsea are further hindered by the fact that United?s visit to West London may be postponed until May 8 because of the FA Cup semi-finals, by which point they could be champions.

?It?s no different if they win or lose, we have to win,? Mourinho said. ?Last season I said the pressure was on second place and my analysis hasn?t changed. Against Chelsea they can slip up, but against the others I don?t know. If we play tomorrow I think we get from six points to three, but I don?t know when I have to play them.? With plenty of cup engagements in the coming weeks, Mourinho did find reason to be cheerful in the efforts of Andriy Shevchenko, Michael Ballack and Salomon Kalou. All three were on the scoresheet, but it was Kalou?s pace and movement that was most impressive.

Neil Warnock, the Sheffield United manager, was also left cursing other results, but the ankle injury suffered by Rob Hulse is a more serious blow. United?s top scorer will be out for the rest of the season after sustaining a double fracture in a collision with Petr Cech, leaving everyone watching wishing he had spent the afternoon in front of his PlayStation."

They tell you to have your say and I did as follows...

I suppose the one crumb of comfort for Chelsea fans in this tired piece of journalism is that the writer admits to his churlishness before proving it. May I suggest that Matt Hughes reads (and hopefully learns from) Brian Glanville?s fine report on the game in the Sunday Times. It is one thing to write negatively about a football club week after week, but quite another to ignore the positives, such as Carvalho?s run and Shevchenko?s sublime strike for the first goal. When you prefer cheap jibes involving PlayStations you destroy your own credibility and just look foolish.

Needless to say, it didn't get published, but some guy called

Not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but reading the story this morning there was one very worrying element for me. And that is, that although Chelsea initiated these talks prior to the World Cup, no firm, concrete offer has been put on the table. Frank himself said this:

Having made the offer to talk last summer, however, Lamps was surprised when the first meeting didn?t take place until just before Christmas.

He added: ?I wondered what was going on and since then there have been a couple of meetings with Steve.

?So far, though, Chelsea have actually yet to make a proper offer on a new deal. As I said, I am not worried about the situation but it?s frustrating when everyone else is talking about my future.?

This part is very, very reminescent of the Gallas saga. Kenyon and his team talked a good game in public, but Gallas's people said nothing was actually happening behind the scenes, despite them being keen to tie up a deal ASAP. Then, as we all know, after keeping Gallas waiting an offer was made at the 11th hour that didn't match his expectations. I hope PK doesn't repeat the error with Frank.