Football Manager 2016

JoeyN
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Everton fans must have been gutted :)

vQIPQ.jpg

Then leaving it late against the butchers of qpha... (Fabregas was injured after 5 mins)

NRUTJ.jpg

Kenedy is having a great season, 22 goals on 1st April (Costa has 23 and Hazard 26). Only 3 assists though, he has to work on that ;)

Edited by undertow

• 3 weeks later...

Had this beauty the other day

fm16.jpg

2-1 up 
JT gets sent off
They instantly score 2
Huth gets sent off
I instantly score 2
Then a comfortable 2nd half with a Hazard penalty and a Cahill mistake (shock) at the end.

Barbosa is fantastic.

Make sure you develop Kennedy too.

Becomes one of the best players in the game. Has a ridiculous long shot in him too. 

Barbosa is fantastic.

Becomes one of the best players in the game. Has a ridiculous long shot in him too. 

Yeah signed him straight away with a view to loan him for a season or two. Falcao got injured so started the 1st game of the season with Costa & Barbosa up front and he banged in 4.

Gets loads of assists for a striker too. 

I haven't spent much in the last couple of seasons so have over £150m to spend. Not sure who to go for. Might go nuclear and get Pogba.

Barbosa is fantastic.

Y7ZG9.jpg

He's now in the first 11 alongside Hazard and Oscar. Willian was dropped to the bench after some injuries.

First season in my Chelsea save was rubbish, won the League Cup against Spurs but ended up finishing 5th in the league and got knocked out of Europe in the first knockout round by Bayern, 4-0. Also exited the FA Cup in the third round, losing to Blackburn.

Because of my failure to qualify for the Champions League several players demanded out, rather than digging my heels in I relented and sold Fabregas and Costa to Man City for 40 and 48 million pounds respectively. Also flogged them Ramires for 20 million, not that he asked for a transfer...

I sold Kalas to Villa for 5.5 mil, Atsu to Montpellier for 2, Moses to OM for 11.5, Salah to Roma for 10.75, Wallace to Chievo for 1.2, Marin and Omeruo to Cagliari for a total of 12, Traore to Torino for 4.6 and Hector to Sampdoria for 4.8, Van Ginkel to Juventus for 20, Rahman to Napoli for 15 and Cuadrado to Man United for 45 million... All up including a few other minor sales I made a total of 243 million pounds.

Time for replacements, I brought in two left backs in the form of Jorge for 12.5 million and Charlie Taylor for 8.5, wide man Hirving Lozano for 8, centre half Rugani for 26, Martial up front for 28 and the pista de resistance in midfield, Juve's Paul Pogba for 88 mil rising to 92.

All in all pulled in a big profit and shifted a load of dead weight off the wage bill whilst adding some solid young talent. We currently sit 3rd after 22 games on 42 points, 8 behind leaders United. Unfortunately we managed to stumble in the third roud of the FA Cup again, this time losing to Forest.

So, my usual lineup consists of:

GK-De Thibaut Courtois

WB-De Cesar Azpilicueta

BPD-De John Stones

CD-De Daniele Rugani

FB-Su Jorge

BWM-De Nemanja Matic

DLP-Su Paul Pogba

IF-Su Oscar

AM-At Ross Barkley

IF-At Eden Hazard

AF-At Gabriel Barbosa

Bench

Asmir Begovic

Kurt Zouma

Gary Cahill

Kristoffer Ajer

Willian

Pedro

Anthony Martial

Squad

Branislav Ivanovic

John Terry

Charlie Taylor

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Hirving Lozano

Patrick Bamford

Edited by Charles Ryder

Perhaps my fourth place finish in the league didn't justify booking the cavernous Wembley!

In other news, after selling Willian I now have a transfer budget of 272 million pounds, not to mention 330k of free wage space. Don't think I'll be making much of a dent in that sum, although I am going to push the boat out to nab Reus. Hopefully his homesickness doesn't flare up!

We are sharing it with spurts though :/

My transfer budget is £299m and I have £1.2m per week free for wages. This will drop a lot next season when I'll have to give new contracts to the youngsters who developed nicely.

Anyone else have trouble finding top notch defensive BWMs? I'm struggling to find a solid one to compliment Matic, have settled on Michael Bradley but would ideally like someone better.

I don't use the BWM role. CM def, AP/DLP sup, AM att/sup. That's my usual trio in the centre.

Half way through my 3rd season and it's going well:-

fm168165.jpg

Probably going to massively under perform in the UCL though as I managed to draw Real Madrid in the 1st knockout round. Only finished 2nd in my group on head to head with Barcelona.

tzn7K2T.png

WRJaDU1.png

68VD92G.jpg

So, my efforts to win the league at the third time of asking aren't exactly going swimmingly, in fact we are regressing. After 22 games played we sit fifth, 15 points behind Jose's  Man United. I've decided to shake things up in the transfer market, Michael Bradley has been a disruptive sod and I couldn't be bothered trying to keep him happy so I flogged him for 3.5 million, a bit of a loss but oh well. I've replaced him with Ajax's Bazoer for 16.5 million. Man City have come in for Oscar and after a bit of negotiating I've agreed to a deal worth an initial 30 million rising to 49.5 with add ons, I'm really hoping he makes 50 appearances for Citeh and 10 for Brazil as the deal won't look quite as good otherwise! I've snapped up Odegaard for 36 million to replace him.

• 3 weeks later...