Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoeyN

Football Manager 2016

How have people got the beta? I pre-ordered it and got a code from the supplier but when I enter it into steam it is not working - is there a separate code for the beta and the actual game?

How have people got the beta? I pre-ordered it and got a code from the supplier but when I enter it into steam it is not working - is there a separate code for the beta and the actual game?

You need to digitally download it to get access to Beta.

Tottenham are currentley 14W, 2D, 0L on my save.

Struggling to keep up with them. A few of their players are starting to get jaded due to lack of rotation so hopefully their form declines soon. Two horse race between us and Spurs though. 

Two big games coming up though. Man U home, Man City away.

Managed to finish top of my CL group (containing Real Madrid, Monaco and Sporting)

Pedro and Hazard are pretty broken in this game I also managed to sell a non first choice Willian for £45m in January.

Hazard currently has 19 goals 9 assists and 10 MOM in 24 league games whilst 
Pedro has 17 goals 5 assists and 5 MOM in 22 league games
and Azpi at RB has 15 assists 

If only football was this easy in real life.

Also I'd be well up for a Shed End league draft competition if others are. 

Pedro and Hazard are pretty broken in this game I also managed to sell a non first choice Willian for £45m in January.

Hazard currently has 19 goals 9 assists and 10 MOM in 24 league games whilst 

Pedro has 17 goals 5 assists and 5 MOM in 22 league games

and Azpi at RB has 15 assists 

If only football was this easy in real life.

Also I'd be well up for a Shed End league draft competition if others are. 

Damn.

Post tactic. Hazard as an IF(S) isn't doing it for me.

Damn.

Post tactic. Hazard as an IF(S) isn't doing it for me.

My tactic will change depending on the team I play but my usual set up is 4-2-3-1 with an attacking mentality, fluid team shape and closing down set to more, width fairly wide, defensive line slightly high and with play out of defense as my team instructions. (if the opposition have a fast striker i will set the defensive line to normal and in tougher games the mentality drops to control or even standard if its a top team my formation will sometimes also switch to either a 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-3 depending on strength of opposition and formation faced for instance against Arsenal with a 4-2-3-1 formation i will play a 4-1-2-3 to counter act the attacking mid etc., likewise my tempo changes depending on opposition and during the game, I tend to drop it to lower if I'm leading in the 2nd half for fitness and possession reasons and against some teams I drop the pressing down)

Average team selections and instructions 

Courtios GK(d)

Azpi    Full Back (a) (run wide with ball)

Cahill   Ball Playing CB(stopper)

Terry   CB (d)

Baba   Full Back (a) (run wide with ball)

Fabregas   Deep Lying Playmaker (s) 

Matic      Centre Mid (d)

Pedro   Inside Forward (a) ( shoot more, roam from position)

Oscar   Advanced Playmaker (s) 

Hazard  Inside Forward (a)

Costa Complete Forward (a)

I have been struggling to get any real contribution from Oscar and have fiddled with his role, he did seem to have a higher output and player rating as an attacking midfielder(s) but the team seems to play better with him as an Advanced playmaker. I also don't get much out of the midfield 2 due to the roles but we seem to dominate most games so I don't mind this however I have just singed Pogba and hopefully this will improve my midfield productivity.

Sorry for the late reply I have been internet free for the weekend. 

This is the worst I've ever been at football manager!

I can't get the 4-2-3-1 to work, I get absolutely mauled for possession at home and we miss soooo many chances then the opponent will score (classic footy man & pretty realistic just now actually).

Costa is absolutely woeful on it as well, like really bad!

I've switched to a 4-5-1 with Matic as an anchor man but I'm scraping my way through most matches!

Thats ridiculous I got Pogba for £92m, 
I'm guessing you can negotiate that down though as I have noticed that this year the game tries to give ridiculously high enquiry prices or counter offers to get more money out of you. Its the same with buying players I had a £2.5m bid for Moses which eventually went up to £7.5m with add ons. Also a £14m bid for Courtois which I rejected only for them to come back at £35m and be rejected.

Edit: Just checked my game Barkley could easily be signed for £30m, so I'm guessing he either got maxed out potential and stats in your game and mine he didn't or he has just come off an absolutely storming season 

considering getting this game, but I currently have FM 2012 do I have to delete this game before loading 2016 version, and if I do will I have to reload Steam, imput would be much appreciated.......thanks...... 

This is the worst I've ever been at football manager!

I can't get the 4-2-3-1 to work, I get absolutely mauled for possession at home and we miss soooo many chances then the opponent will score (classic footy man & pretty realistic just now actually).

Costa is absolutely woeful on it as well, like really bad!

I've switched to a 4-5-1 with Matic as an anchor man but I'm scraping my way through most matches!

Jose?

4231 is working well for me. I was lucky in the first 4-5 matches and started a winning run that boosted the morale which is always very helpful.

Mikel is barely playing, started to complain in September. I told him to suck it up and be patient, he wasn't happy. For some reason Ramires was very happy about how I handled the situation and not so happy with Mikel. Come October Ramires was knocking on my door with the same complain :) I'll probably sell Mikel in January (if any club is buying) and Ramires in the summer. By that time RLC will be on their level and Aké barely behind them and both with much better potential.

4231 is working well for me. I was lucky in the first 4-5 matches and started a winning run that boosted the morale which is always very helpful.

Mikel is barely playing, started to complain in September. I told him to suck it up and be patient, he wasn't happy. For some reason Ramires was very happy about how I handled the situation and not so happy with Mikel. Come October Ramires was knocking on my door with the same complain :) I'll probably sell Mikel in January (if any club is buying) and Ramires in the summer. By that time RLC will be on their level and Aké barely behind them and both with much better potential.

Completely forgot about Mikel. Think he's rotting in my U21 squad.

After Diego's 30 goal haul last season, Real Madrid have just offered me 75M for him.

Question is...who shall I buy to be his replacement? 

I can't get Lewandowski or Aguero.

I managed to get Lukaku for 10M as Everton were surprisingly relegated.

Morata perhaps?