Mourinho v Benitez

Lofty

ITV showed brief clips of the two managers after the Mancs game. There's a more in-depth comparison of Jose and the Jolly Fat Spaniard on BBC Sport:

The increasingly bitter but nonetheless compelling rivalry between Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho and Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will be resumed at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.

The first leg of the Champions League semi-final between Chelsea and Liverpool will be the 14th time the two sides have met since the two men arrived in England within 12 days of each other in June 2004.

Since then a cordial relationship has deteriorated into a slanging match that hints at a bitter and mutual dislike.

Spaniard Benitez recently offered the following explanation when he said: "We were good friends until Liverpool started winning, then he started changing his mind."

Benitez might just have a point.

Full article here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 566923.stm

Spaniard Benitez recently offered the following explanation when he said: "We were good friends until Liverpool started winning, then he started changing his mind."

Winning what , cup competitions ?

I take it he wasnt referring to the Premiership then .

Anyone else loving Mourihno's banter and mind games!!

Normally I'm not a big fan of many of his comments but against Liverpool it just makes sense!

Here's a few

"We've a lot of players with two yellow cards," said Chelsea manager Mourinho.

"It wouldn't surprise me if they chased Drogba for 90 minutes to see if he can get a yellow card,"

"Now we have a lot of injuries and a suspension," said Mourinho.

"We can say that our opponent has been preparing for this game for a long time and we've been preparing for it since yesterday.

"Fatigue is obvious. Everybody knows that in this moment of the season, maximum power is absolutely crucial. In this moment many things are decided by that and not with quality.

And the best one...

If you ask me about the favourites, Liverpool should be the favourites.

"They are favourites because in the year 2007, we've played 27 matches and Liverpool play three or four.

"If you're not a big club, you choose one competition and you fight in that competition and forget the others.

"Big clubs - we cannot do this. We have to go on until we can and try the maximum we can. It's a risk to try and win everything or nothing, or almost nothing because we've the Carling Cup.

"In the last three seasons in the Premiership, Chelsea have more than 60 points more than Liverpool. That's a lot.

"If they're a great team in knockout competitions, we have to admit that and praise them for it. They're good in knockout.

"But if you play only one competition for half of the season, then you've great conditions. Since January they've played only Champions League.

"So they arrive into this crucial moment of the season in a great situation."

Anyone else loving Mourihno's banter and mind games!!

Normally I'm not a big fan of many of his comments but against Liverpool it just makes sense!

Here's a few

"We've a lot of players with two yellow cards," said Chelsea manager Mourinho.

"It wouldn't surprise me if they chased Drogba for 90 minutes to see if he can get a yellow card,"

"Now we have a lot of injuries and a suspension," said Mourinho.

"We can say that our opponent has been preparing for this game for a long time and we've been preparing for it since yesterday.

"Fatigue is obvious. Everybody knows that in this moment of the season, maximum power is absolutely crucial. In this moment many things are decided by that and not with quality.

And the best one...

If you ask me about the favourites, Liverpool should be the favourites.

"They are favourites because in the year 2007, we've played 27 matches and Liverpool play three or four.

"If you're not a big club, you choose one competition and you fight in that competition and forget the others.

"Big clubs - we cannot do this. We have to go on until we can and try the maximum we can. It's a risk to try and win everything or nothing, or almost nothing because we've the Carling Cup.

"In the last three seasons in the Premiership, Chelsea have more than 60 points more than Liverpool. That's a lot.

"If they're a great team in knockout competitions, we have to admit that and praise them for it. They're good in knockout.

"But if you play only one competition for half of the season, then you've great conditions. Since January they've played only Champions League.

"So they arrive into this crucial moment of the season in a great situation."

JM= icon_cool.gif

The fella is just the b*llocks!!!!!

Any one of these could head for the memorable quotes section!!

[The fella is just the b*llocks!!!!!

Any one of these could head for the memorable quotes section!!

Too right. And yet last night Andy Townsend yet again comes out with one of his "and this is where Jose let's himself down" comments. And then there's the myth that Benitez only concentrates on the game. Absolute bloody crap. memberjfh.gif

JM is quality. He makes me p*ss myself laughing.

What was that comment about when he said Chelsea have played 27 games in 2007 and Liverscum only 4?

Suppose you either love him or hate him and i love him

I think he meant competitive games! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

He's just a dude!

Thank you Rafa for playing the worst player in Liverpool's squad - Zenden.

Thank you Rafa for Playing Liverpool's best player out of position.

Thank you Rafa for leaving Liverpool's best striker on the bench for most of the match. And then thanks to Crouch for giving away a free kick anytime the ball came anywhere near him.

Mourinho won hands down tonight.

like pool fans say rafa has jose's number, is tactically superior and is best coach in europe icon_rolleyes.gif

Would that be the tactically superior, best coach in Europe whose side haven't scored once against us in six games at the Bridge? icon_lol.gif