New Defensive Mid

Osgoodwasgood

I can't see Roman Sanctioning a move for a new Defensive Midfielder with the players we already have at the club.

Can anyone see us moving for one in this window though, if we were to move one or two on? I know time is getting short but i feel we could do with a player with a bit of Height and physical attributes to mix it up a bit in there.

Or are we done after Mendy has signed?

17 minutes ago, Osgoodwasgood said:

I can't see Roman Sanctioning a move for a new Defensive Midfielder with the players we already have at the club.

Can anyone see us moving for one in this window though, if we were to move one or two on? I know time is getting short but i feel we could do with a player with a bit of Height and physical attributes to mix it up a bit in there.

Or are we done after Mendy has signed?

I think it will depend on outgoings. We still have a lot of loan army players to sort out, (12 by my count : Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Moses, Rahman, Van Ginkel, Clarke-Salter, Musonda, Miazga, Baxter, Sterling, Castillo, McEachran), plus Malang Sarr, and then in the first team, we currently have 10 defenders (1 too many on left backs and centre backs, so two outgoing I would think) and 8 midfielders. I'd think at least one midfielder would also have to move on to free up a slot in the squad for another midfielder.

Edited by Sexyfootball

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

I think it will depend on outgoings. We still have a lot of loan army players to sort out, (12 by my count : Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Moses, Rahman, Van Ginkel, Clarke-Salter, Musonda, Miazga, Baxter, Sterling, Castillo, McEachran), plus Malang Sarr, and then in the first team, we currently have 10 defenders (1 too many on left backs and centre backs, so two outgoing I would think) and 8 midfielders. I'd think at least one midfielder would also have to move on to free up a slot in the squad for another midfielder.

I agree, we have a lot of dead wood to shift but of the players currently at Chelsea i would be looking to sell are Emerson, Christensen, Gioginho, and possibly Loan out RLC to get some game time, and Billy when he's fit to try and bulk him up a bit.

I personally think Barkley has done ok for us, he's had limited chances to have a run in the team but has often done quite well when coming on, so i would be inclined to keep him. CHO is another who has to buck his ideas up and show a better attitude to training or they could run out of patience with him

Cant see us siging anyone else, even the players that are rumoured to be leaving, all seem to be loan deals with buy options. 

I dont think we can sign a player that will turn us into title winners this summer, we already have a lot of new talent to try and intergrate, so i dont think there should be a rush, or desperation to bring in anyone else. 

Maybe Declan Rice next summer, although i would prefer Ruben Neves, and im sure we will be looking at centre backs next summer as well.