GB XI

Mike O

You'll all be delighted to know that I got a call from the FA this morning asking for my advice on how we should all move forward following last night's shame.

After I told them that they should start by sacking themselves, I suggested that the only way forward would be to give up on the home nations structure and put together a British team.

Having been swiftly appointed manager (you'll all read about it tomorrow), I now need to assemble a first team.

I was thinking of the following:

GK: Taylor (NI)

RB: Richards

CB: Terry

CB: Ferdinand

LB: Hughes (NI)

RM: SWP

CM: Barry

CM: Lampard

LM: Giggs (W)

ST: Rooney

ST: McFadden (Sc)

Waddya think?

Also it is a team that lacks a natural orthodox goalscorer however with Owen's perpetual injuries that is something we are lacking in GB just now. If he could just do the business at domestic level then healey would definitely be in with a shout.

Kenny Miller on the bench to play against Italy

You'll all be delighted to know that I got a call from the FA this morning asking for my advice on how we should all move forward following last night's shame.

After I told them that they should start by sacking themselves, I suggested that the only way forward would be to give up on the home nations structure and put together a British team.

Having been swiftly appointed manager (you'll all read about it tomorrow), I now need to assemble a first team.

I was thinking of the following:

GK: Taylor (NI)

RB: Richards

CB: Terry

CB: Ferdinand

LB: Hughes (NI)

RM: SWP

CM: Barry

CM: Lampard

LM: Giggs (W)

ST: Rooney

ST: McFadden (Sc)

Waddya think?

No David Healy the guy has scored 13 Goals and all of them screamers!

Best I could come up with: -

------------------Gordon

Hutton-----Richards----Terry------Bale

Brown----Ferguson----Lampard---Giggs

------------Healy-------Ashton

Squad players: -

Bridge, Lescott, J.Cole, SWP, Barry (England)

Alexander, Webster, Burke, McFadden, Boyd, Miller (Scotland)

Taylor, Gillespie, Shiels (N.Ireland)

Archived